Clockwork Recovery restore failed

BennyJr

Reaction score
So I tried the fix but I can't name it the way you posted. I use winrar and it names it .zip.bak idk if it worked but I went through the other steps

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I had a problem the other night restoring a back up. I made a backup of perfect storm1.0 and then preceeded to load up lightning 2.0. Lightning crashed on the install, so i preceeded to load the backup. First time i tried to restore, it gave a partition error for the sdcard. It hung up so i did a battery pull, an tried to load lightning again, an this time it loaded up like it was supposed to. I did a dalvic, data an cache wipe from within CR the first time around. Then when i tried the second install attempt, i didn't do a dalvic wipe, an it loaded fine. Hell if i know

sgtguthrie

Reaction score

MrKleen

Reaction score
No I haven't. XDA has a thread on how to restore.

CWM Problems - xda-developers

You have to check certain options in CWM

in CWM click your menu button and clear download cache. then go into settings and check the box for erase recovery.

Then reflash the CWM and you are good to go.
This appears to be the root cause and fix.

I have done this and made several backups of roms. The other day for the first time I tried to do a restore and it failed with md5 mismatch. Tried one of my other backups and the same thing. I am not able to restore backups at all for some reason. I did rename my backups so I know what they are but none have any spaces.

DeathGrind

Reaction score
I have done a few restores, with no problems. I do manual recovery boot, not sure if it makes a difference.