Clockwork Recovery restore failed

mark3748

Reaction score
No I haven't. XDA has a thread on how to restore.

CWM Problems - xda-developers

You have to check certain options in CWM

in CWM click your menu button and clear download cache. then go into settings and check the box for erase recovery.

Then reflash the CWM and you are good to go.
This appears to be the root cause and fix.

Just want to reiterate this, if you're having this issue, take these steps, some have had issues with CWR working right on their phone (not being able to wipe data/cache) and this fixes it.

Select the clear download cache and wipe recovery options, reinstall CWR 3.0.2.4

frankieg22x

Reaction score
I am able to make backups fine, but when I go to restore is get "unable to restore /system" message.

I'll try the fix from xda

wooddale

Reaction score
I tried to root my TB everything went perfect got superuser rom manager in app drawer but cant go into clockwork except if I turn my phone off and plug into charger it boots into clockwork Whats up

sk8

Reaction score
I tried to root my TB everything went perfect got superuser rom manager in app drawer but cant go into clockwork except if I turn my phone off and plug into charger it boots into clockwork Whats up

Did you make sure to fix permissions ? Have you tried to enter recovery through hboot?

sent from a sweet paper weight.

frankieg22x

Reaction score

Did you make sure to fix permissions ? Have you tried to enter recovery through hboot?

I was never able to boot my phone up into recovery after being off. I can get to Hboot, but it always starts the update process. After it is done loading the zip I only have an option to accept or decline the update.

sk8

Reaction score

I was never able to boot my phone up into recovery after being off. I can get to Hboot, but it always starts the update process. After it is done loading the zip I only have an option to accept or decline the update.

Boot the phone normally, once booted go to root of your sdcard and rename PG05IMG.zip to PG05IMG.zip.bak

Go into Rom manager and choose fix permissions at the bottom.
Power off and try to boot to hboot.

wooddale

Reaction score

Thanks guys talked to C told me to keep doing stap3 worked on the second try Now off to the roms

frankieg22x

Reaction score

Boot the phone normally, once booted go to root of your sdcard and rename PG05IMG.zip to PG05IMG.zip.bak

Go into Rom manager and choose fix permissions at the bottom.
Power off and try to boot to hboot.

Worked

Thank you

OP
J

jimmiem

Reaction score
@sk8 I look forward to your report.

All restored fine. Booted to clock work via Rom manager, restored as usual.

I'm glad to hear it's working. Even if I do the fix below I'm still going to be nervous as hell the first time I try it.

No I haven't. XDA has a thread on how to restore.

CWM Problems - xda-developers

You have to check certain options in CWM

in CWM click your menu button and clear download cache. then go into settings and check the box for erase recovery.

Then reflash the CWM and you are good to go.
This appears to be the root cause and fix.

Just want to reiterate this, if you're having this issue, take these steps, some have had issues with CWR working right on their phone (not being able to wipe data/cache) and this fixes it.

Select the clear download cache and wipe recovery options, reinstall CWR 3.0.2.4

Dumb question: I used the 3 click easy root method. Can I grab just the Clockwork Recovery from somewhere and flash it as an update.zip?

Edit: Nevermind, I see you can flash it from within ROM Manager. Der.

Last edited:

wooddale

Reaction score
I got a stupid question comming from droidx you had flash bootstrap recovery before you did anything but with the TB can just flash boot strap then flash recovery in rom man then that will put me in clockwork rec or just go through ron manager get it off sd

sk8

Reaction score
I got a stupid question comming from droidx you had flash bootstrap recovery before you did anything but with the TB can just flash boot strap then flash recovery in rom man then that will put me in clockwork rec or just go through ron manager get it off sd

I came from a dx too. No bootstrap on the tb.
Boot to clockwork via Rom manager or hboot. Power and volume down choose reboot recovery and you'll be in clockwork.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Sierra8561

Reaction score
I had to sbf back and redo everything tonight due to a failed nandroid restore

Screaming fast DROID X running the amazing rooted gingerbread