Clockwork Recovery Not working?

joshrath

Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I recently got a droid 2, since after 11 droid 1 replacements VZW smartened up...

And I rooted it asap. Next on my list? Install clockwork. Install says it went fine, the app works, but when it attempts to reboot into recovery.. No dice. Reboots again, and starts android.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks.

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Thats the thing. I can do it as much as I want, but the progress bar never shows up after I click Droid2. It just pops up the notification, stating "Successfully downloaded ClockworkMod recovery". Just tried it a few more times. It rebooted but didn't attempt to go into recovery... Weird.

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Interesting. I am still able to access the original recovery using the hold X method... Ideas?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I'm not that familiar with the D2 and ROM Manager installations, but I wonder if downloaded isn't the same as flashed. As in it's downloading but it's not flashing. Hmm.

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
That is what it seems like to me, but everytime I check around the net I find no posts about this... Weird.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Unfortunately I'm out of ideas, but someone else might be along soon to help. If you haven't heard by tomorrow morning I'd suggest bumping the thread. :)

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Probably will, but I'm sure someone else out there has had this issue.

drblythe

Reaction score
same thing happened to me so I went back to earlier version of recovery.

what version have you tried?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
Just the latest version. 2.5.0.8. Which do you happen to have?

drblythe

Reaction score
I tried with everyone starting with most recent at that time and went back to each earlier version that there were. Finially version 2.5.0.0 worked. not sure what differences there are with each.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
It fails everytime I attempted to go back to an older version. I have literally no idea.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The bootloader does not allow complete circumvention of the built in flasing and backup from moto. You have to bootstrap and reboot to recovery directly. No diirect booting unless your d2 glitches and goes to cwm after a hard reset when youp pull the battery. Mine does sometimes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
J

joshrath

Reaction score
guns.jones, you sparked my brain to search on the bootstrap idea and i figured it out. I forgot that the Droid2 is more... secure... than the Droid1. So I got Koush's bootstrapper and all is well. Thanks a bunch!