1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Clockwork Recovery / Nandroid Issues

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kwiksilvr, May 5, 2010.

1. kwiksilvr

kwiksilvr New Member

I am having an issue... I had the rom manager installed.... and now I am trying to update the latest version of UD10..

I put the update on the SDcard in the root, and it won't open it..

i put the extracted files in the Nandroid folder and tried doing a nandroid restore....

It tells me the nandroid folder could not be opened...

I formatted the SDcard and recreated the Nandroid folder and then put the uncompressed files in there and it still says it cannot open the folder..

I need some help please..

I did all this booting into recovery... also I noticed that the recovery is now green and not blue... what caused that?
  2. RoLa

RoLa New Member

The nandroid folder on the root of your card is used for SPrecovery. The nandroid inside Clockwork is for exactly that. Try opening ROM Manager, navigate to download ROM, Scroll to the desired ROM, and install. It sounds like you haven't booted into recovery much so keep it as simple as possible. I'm not sure why any of the above was attempted if the knowledge of the desired isn't there. I highly suggest doing more research.
  3. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

PS: people say not to download UD10 using the Rom Manager. Go to his webstie and download UD10 and extract it into a folder in your nandroid folder called "UDv10" or something, flash SP Recovery instead of clockwork and nandroid backup to it. After booting up enter in your google info adn wait for sync, then drop the UDv10 upgrade files into a nandrod folder called "UDv10 upgrade" and reboot into SP Recovery again and flash that one, only selecting boot adn system (no data wipe needed for upgrade)
  4. airborne3e9

airborne3e9 New Member

I dont think that UD update is support by clockwork recovery...try fashing the alternate recovery...option at the bottom of rom manager...then reboot into recovery and install zip that way
  5. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Its not an update.zip guys, its a zipped file. Extract it to a folder in the nandroid directory. His current ROM is only available as SP Recovery "backup" and not as clockwork OR update.zips... (do what I said above, thats what i did and I am running this rom clean and fast)
  6. kwiksilvr

kwiksilvr New Member

How do I get SPRECOVERY back.. I have clockwork now....

I would like to remove clockwork and get back sp recovery..
  7. RoLa

RoLa New Member

Open ROM Manager and flash alternate recovery.
Search tags for this page

clockworkmod nandroid no files found

clockworkmod recovery restore couldn't open directory