Clockwork recovery issue...

11Bravo75

Reaction score
I've got a small issue not sure how to fix. I'm rooted using CM 6.1 with Rom manager(free) installed. I have either 2 copies of clockwork mod flash installed or something has happened...everything works great but if I try and go into recovery it only shows black screen and white lines on sides and can only do a battery pull to get out...happens either way I go into recovery...what is going on....Thx in advance for any info....

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

you_scrubb

Reaction score
Try flashing it with the SPR. Or a older version of clockwork. It should be one of the bottom buttons in rom manager.

Sent from my Sourcery

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've got a small issue not sure how to fix. I'm rooted using CM 6.1 with Rom manager(free) installed. I have either 2 copies of clockwork mod flash installed or something has happened...everything works great but if I try and go into recovery it only shows black screen and white lines on sides and can only do a battery pull to get out...happens either way I go into recovery...what is going on....Thx in advance for any info....

Go into ROM Manager and update your clockworkmod recovery to the current version 2.5.1.2.

OP

11Bravo75

Reaction score
The Clockwork I'm running now is 2.5.0.5 and Rom manager v2.5.1.0. I looked in my list of recoveries in the drop down at bottom of RM and don't see the 2.5.1.2. Do I need to update RM for it to show or goto the Clockwork site and DL form there? Thx for the fast response....Luv this place...

nornevrder

Reaction score
Don't know if it matters but I have s Droid and my latest is 2.5.0.1

Sent From The Final Frontier

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Clockwork I'm running now is 2.5.0.5 and Rom manager v2.5.1.0. I looked in my list of recoveries in the drop down at bottom of RM and don't see the 2.5.1.2. Do I need to update RM for it to show or goto the Clockwork site and DL form there? Thx for the fast response....Luv this place...

The latest recovery for the Incredible should be 2.5.1.2. Try updating your ROM Manager and see if it has the latest recovery listed.

If not, download it here, http://dougpiston.com/files/Recovery/recovery-clockwork-2.5.1.2-inc_PB31IMG.zip.
Rename the file to PB31IMG then place on the root of your SD card.
Power on the phone using Vol. Down + Power buttons.

OP

11Bravo75

Reaction score
Ok so I've finally got some spare time to hopefully resolve this. So I've looked and I believe I have deleted the original PB31IMG file. Now when I try to DL the new FILE(above) and when it has DL it pops up RM window asking if I wanna wipe or backup before installing. Should I not do this and just DL the file and rename it and then boot into recovery?

tweebee

Incredible RS
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just download the file, rename it then boot into recovery.

---
Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk.

OP

11Bravo75

Reaction score
Well I renamed and moved to root of SD rebooted and tried recovery, no luck phone went to the splash screen and then did the white line on either side and black screen 3/4 of screen and white on the rest. I'm wondering if I should move the PM31IMG file to the Cyanogen folder on SD card?. Im sure I did (accidentally) delete this file and this is why its not recovering properly and really really don't wanna make another mistake and brick this puppy. So any suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The file should remain in the root of your SD card- not in any folders. Try adding another copy of the file and saving it as PB31IMG.zip (that will cover all the bases). It should be flashed through HBoot, not recovery. Just power on while pressing volume DOWN and the phone should see the file and do the rest.

OP

11Bravo75

Reaction score
Thx for the info...I'm still not getting it to work. I renamed and power + volume, Hboot screen goes through boot ,I volume down to recovery and power button again, HTCsplash screen shows then black screen and then whitelines/black screen. The above method should've worked IMO, I'm starting to worry now. Thx again for the help...

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you pushing volume up or down along with the power button?

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are other things we can try- you're not in a hopeless situation.

OP

11Bravo75

Reaction score
Well I went to market and reinstalled RM and it reflashed CM and it worked....I don't know why I waited to try this. LOL anyway Thx to all who came to the rescue..now time to snatch a nightly.