Clockwork recovery and market apps

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gflam, Jul 3, 2010.

1. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Whenever i do a clockwork recovery it restores my apps, settings and everything else just as it should but i've noticed when i go to the market the apps that clockwork restored on my phone do not appear in the downloads section of the market only my purchases do. My main concern is that I don't think I will be able to receive updates for my apps because the market apparently doesn't know that i have the apps installed on my phone. Is there anything i can do to fix this? or will i receive updates regardless? Thanks for any help
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

bump anyone?
  3. stark23x

stark23x New Member

I keep running into this myself. What I do is clear data and cache from the Market app, then restart it. That mostly works. Sometimes I clear, then reboot the phone. Eventually Market re-aligns itself somehow and sees all my apps as installed again. I wish I had a more technical explanation as to why, but...I'm not in any way smart enough to explain or figure out why. :)

BTW, sometimes just force closing Market and re-opening it works too. *shrug* wish I knew why.
Search tags for this page

sanei g602 clockwork