Clockwork recovery + 2.2.1 = fail?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by td854, Feb 6, 2011.

1. td854

td854 New Member

I have a Stock 2.2.1 rooted droid 1 (motocache method.) SPrecovery works fine, but when I flash to clockwork in rom manager and reboot into recovery, I get a black screen and then back to the M logo, if i keep holding X it just repeats the same pattern again and again, of course if i let go it boots into android as normal. Is there any way to get clockwork to work with 2.2.1?

Also, flashing SPrecovery back, works fine but I don't use SPrecovery.

Thanks.
  2. td854

td854 New Member

Ok so i figured out what it was, and it's actually pretty aggravating because of course I thought I was doing something wrong, and I wasn't. apparently the IMG that ROM Manager is downloading for the droid right now is incorrect, which is why it doesn't work. It downloads a 4.5MB IMG to the temp directory on the SD card, the actual size of the correct 2.5.0.1 file, is roughly 3MB, I found it in one of my old backup folders and put it in the temp folder, and loaded CWM and it worked fine after that, so beware, the file on the mirror that ROM Manager is downloading from is not the correct file. (Yes i cleared my download cache to be sure.)