Clockwork mod recovery installed onto droid 3!!!

kedens

Reaction score
dancedroidDeveloper HASHCODE has managed to install a custom recover onto the Droid 3. It looks like there may be treasure at the end of the rainbow!dancedroid

(The link above will bring you to Hashcode's Github profile, but be aware that at the time of posting there is not a stable version uploaded, nor are there any instructions, but I would keep checking back)

Read the story on Droid-Life HERE

View attachment 40268

Ahttp://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/13/clockworkmod-recovery-booted-up-on-droid3/LL CREDIT GOES TO HASHCODE
dancedroidI had nothing to do with this but am excited that ROMS MAY BE POSSIBLE SOONER THAN LATER!!!dancedroid

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
This is from KrazyKravidia on XDA about the Github link. lol

NOTE: There is a warning on the github.. Please don't risk bricking

allow hashcode and the rest of the devs time to test properly, as well as a well packaged way of releasing

Apparently they'll be releasing a Bootstrap App similar to the D2/DX one.

Last edited:

aggiechase37

Reaction score
Droid 3 bootstrap released today! Check it out over at rootzwiki! Where the ROM's at??? Who's working on what? Good Lord am I excited to get Moto's stupid blur off here. (I do like some of the apps they included though, truth be told). I bet this phone flies with stock AOSP ROM's on board! Good time to be alive!

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Droid 3 bootstrap released today! Check it out over at rootzwiki! Where the ROM's at??? Who's working on what? Good Lord am I excited to get Moto's stupid blur off here. (I do like some of the apps they included though, truth be told). I bet this phone flies with stock AOSP ROM's on board! Good time to be alive!

ROM Flashing isn't working yet

jtrag

Reaction score
I got my Droid 3 Rooted the first try with no problem at all. I got it back up and running fully rooted with latest versions of BusyBox and SuperUser and was installing some apps and then an Update notification popped up saying there way a ROM update for it and I ended up hitting the wrong button and updating the ROM and then when it reflashed/rebooted it was no longer rooted.

Thing is, now I can't get it rooted properly... It's odd. Busy Box is installed but Superuser says it isn't even though I manually installed it several times even after Factory Resetting my Droid 3...

Any ideas why this would be happening? It was working fine but then it auto-updated the ROM right after I rooted and un-rooted it and now I can't root it again fully. Busybox shows as installed but Superuser does not (EVEN THOUGH IT IS)... This is really odd...

:blackdroid::motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert:

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got my Droid 3 Rooted the first try with no problem at all. I got it back up and running fully rooted with latest versions of BusyBox and SuperUser and was installing some apps and then an Update notification popped up saying there way a ROM update for it and I ended up hitting the wrong button and updating the ROM and then when it reflashed/rebooted it was no longer rooted.

Thing is, now I can't get it rooted properly... It's odd. Busy Box is installed but Superuser says it isn't even though I manually installed it several times even after Factory Resetting my Droid 3...

Any ideas why this would be happening? It was working fine but then it auto-updated the ROM right after I rooted and un-rooted it and now I can't root it again fully. Busybox shows as installed but Superuser does not (EVEN THOUGH IT IS)... This is really odd...

:blackdroid::motdroidhoriz::motdroidvert:

You have to reroot after the update. Updates usually break root.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

jtrag

Reaction score
You have to reroot after the update. Updates usually break root.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

I just rooted it and it was working fine and then the update came in and broke root.

Now I CAN NOT reroot it! The funny thing is that it still says BusyBox is installed and working properly, yet I don't have root access to anything. I've even tried reinstalling SuperUser (Which is the cause of the issue since the "su" files are stuck in there now and the 1 click root method DOES NOT overwrite the su file/s and just gives an error saying that it failed because the SuperUser files alredy exist, yet still says it succeeded at rooting the phone again.

The problem is, I've factory reset my phone several times now and everything and I can NOT get it to reroot. Them stupid su files aren't overwritten by the 1 click root program and therefore it fails and I have no way of fixing it... Unless you know of a way? :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

harshlad

Reaction score
Maybe you can reroot it.

I just rooted it and it was working fine and then the update came in and broke root.

Now I CAN NOT reroot it! The funny thing is that it still says BusyBox is installed and working properly, yet I don't have root access to anything. I've even tried reinstalling SuperUser (Which is the cause of the issue since the "su" files are stuck in there now and the 1 click root method DOES NOT overwrite the su file/s and just gives an error saying that it failed because the SuperUser files alredy exist, yet still says it succeeded at rooting the phone again.

The problem is, I've factory reset my phone several times now and everything and I can NOT get it to reroot. Them stupid su files aren't overwritten by the 1 click root program and therefore it fails and I have no way of fixing it... Unless you know of a way? :icon_eek::icon_eek::icon_eek:

It is worked by reflashing ROM image with RSD lite.
You maybe able to find Droid_3_SBF_5.6.890.zip the official ROM, run RSD lite and go flashing.
Then run PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.06, maybe it'll work.