CLOCKWORK help!

DustinSK925

Reaction score
OK so I clicked start on Odin, and my phone has yellow triangle. Do I unplug and reboot or wait and the downloading triangle will go away!?

OP
D

DustinSK925

Reaction score
Now I clickd apply update, and it said e: failed to verify whole file signature, E signature failed, install abortd

OP
D

DustinSK925

Reaction score
Edit. I guess I did it, but now when I try to dwnld a theme, it still says error proccessing...Cant dwld anything!!!!!

grenade01

Reaction score
Um Im not really sure where you're at or whats going on.
I used odin to flash a clockwork recovery onto my phone.... when odin said complete my factory recovery menu went from having a couple options (factory reset etc) to having like another 3 options and being in green text (so I knew it worked)
After that I went to the market and installed the paid clockwork mod... i was able to use the in phone clockwork app to flash a few things i tried from the app. It worked fine for me that way, I dont know if some roms still require that you use odin or not. Since I anticipate the update soon I flashed everything back per the guide I linked to below. You might just want to get things back to stock if you think you messed up. I didn't do any of th voodoo stuff or the .pit file stuff he talks about... just used oding to flash the system files, the memory kernal, and the recovery back to non clockwork.

How to Restore you Samsung Fascinate to Factory? Nyne Axis

good luck maybe if you cant figure out how to get a custom rom on there itd just be a better idea to go back to stock until the update o_O
also the system files image on that page is an old version. I had to use the OTA system update back to DI01 or whatever the newest is after reflashin all that stock stuff

OP
D

DustinSK925

Reaction score
Right now....Basically when I connectd to Odin, all i had was a big yellow trianglethat said downloading....Which went away like 15 mins later n just went to a black screen. After that I did the cold boot or whatever n the green menu came up and I clickd update zip or whatever then reboot. Now the phone seems perfectly normal, just wont download any roms!

grenade01

Reaction score
Hmm I dont recall, when you flash over odin the phone might not do anything until you reset it. I dont really remember. I just remember the progress bar IN odin going to 100% or whatever.

if the recovery menu is green and has extra options you shouldnt be getting the signature error thing... I dont see why a rom wouldnt work at that point :(

Sorry that's all I got :'( good luck

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
What is Odin? I tried to flash Clockwork using ROM Manager (even older versions and yes, I am still rooted) and I can't figure this out. It reboots to the stock recovery with the 4 options and then has some errors after failing to initialize signature or something and I have to reboot.... is there a better way to get CW on a Fascinate outside of ROM Manager? or should that be working>?

justinc101011

Reaction score
You have to use odin to push clockwork thru

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

FastDad2007

Reaction score
id like some information on this. So much floating around in the interwebz, and I just wana know the most recent way to do this! I'm in the same boat as the OP

Why can't this be as easy as my Droid X!

I really wish their was more development for the fascinate. It's a beautiful phone, I like it mroe than my X actually, i just wish we had more developers on board for this phone.

I want VooDoo on my Galaxy S for the lag fix! :)

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
What lag? My phone runs great. Im rooted but I have no custom rom or kernal installed.

Sent from my Fascinate using Droidforums app

FastDad2007

Reaction score
What lag? My phone runs great. Im rooted but I have no custom rom or kernal installed.

Sent from my Fascinate using Droidforums app

That's good that you see no lag.
However, I get lag on this phone when doing certain things.

Such as - when an application is installing in the drop down window shade, if you pull it down it will lag/freeze up until the installation is complete.
I didn't have this issue with my X

Certain things just seem "slower" than my X and I'm relating that to the "lag"

I've heard many have the same issues, and fix it with the custom kernels.