1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

clockwork backups just don't work for me!?

Discussion in 'Koush' started by yamaha83, Apr 15, 2010.

1. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

I used clockwork a while back when BD first got on. I made a backup with clockwork and before I could even try flashing a new ROM my phone just freaked out. when it. noted up I got fc all over the place. I had missing apps. and it was just running slow. All in all I ended up having to start clean. From then on I have stuck with SP

Now I decide to come give cyan a try so I flash back over to clockwork but. before I do I make a nandroid backup in SP. well after doing a Clockwork backup and flashing cyan I see that a new version is coming out. so not wanting to have to go through getting.g all my stuff back again I decide to load my clockwork backup. when I do I have apps missing... I find them in the market and try to install them and it fails... I tryoading my titanium backups of them and that fails... I end up having to flash back to SP and load my nandroid! After that I'm back to normal... but now I do.t think j could get myself to trust clockwork to make me a backup... shame cuz I was looking forward to giving cyan a try...
  2. koush

koush Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Run Fix Permissions through ROM Manager. That should fix your uid mismatches you are seeing. Thats why applications go missing sometimes. If you do a lot of theming, patching, etc, that tends to happen.
  3. yamaha83

yamaha83 New Member

Do I need to do this before I make the backup? Or just whenever installing a backup seems to fail? Then would I just re run the backup?

Thanks for the help by the way! Looking forward to what you have on the way!