Clockwork 3.0.0.5 problem....

Reaction score
just got the CWM update the other day and now i cant run any roms with 2.2 firmware. i can only run the honeycomb roms witch all are not really complete. i do have several updates that i have with IncROM 1.2 that i can run fine..any others not happening...any help on this??? anybody else having this problem?? how can i fix this??

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
just got the CWM update the other day and now i cant run any roms with 2.2 firmware. i can only run the honeycomb roms witch all are not really complete. i do have several updates that i have with IncROM 1.2 that i can run fine..any others not happening...any help on this??? anybody else having this problem?? how can i fix this??
this is the abortion message im getting

"amend script(update-script) is no longer supported
amend scripting was depreceated by google and android 1.5
it was neccacery to remove it when upgrading to clockwork mod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
installation aborted."

should i unroot in hopes to actually have gingerbread update on my Inc??? PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YA CAN..ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFUL IM SURE

Kash76

Reaction score
this is the abortion message im getting

"amend script(update-script) is no longer supported
amend scripting was depreceated by google and android 1.5
it was neccacery to remove it when upgrading to clockwork mod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
installation aborted."

should i unroot in hopes to actually have gingerbread update on my Inc??? PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YA CAN..ANY INFO WILL BE HELPFUL IM SURE

Did you find out how to resolve this? I am having the same problem and cannot flash other recoveries with ROM Manager as 3.0.0.5 keeps showing up.

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
Did you find out how to resolve this? I am having the same problem and cannot flash other recoveries with ROM Manager as 3.0.0.5 keeps showing up.[/QUOTE]

Nope sure diddn't think everyone is busy working on something to fix this...lol...so i tried to unroot on my own in hopes to have the update everyone is waiting on ...GB..lol...but i bricked my phone and had to have another shipped the next day...sucked..lol..but hey i got a new phone out of the deal...One way to look at it..sorry i could not be any help. hope you all find an answer to this.

smtom

Reaction score
Don’t have to unroot, but you do need to flash back to an older version of CWM. How? In ROM Manager, scroll to bottom and flash back to 2.0.5 or so, should fix you up.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
Don’t have to unroot, but you do need to flash back to an older version of CWM. How? In ROM Manager, scroll to bottom and flash back to 2.0.5 or so, should fix you up.

Yep too late...like I said bricked my d_inc trying to downgrade and had to have it replaced. But Verizon saved the day with a,speedy delivery ... next day..

smtom

Reaction score
It wasn't bricked if the power would come on. You just had incompatible software versions.
A bricked device does not even boot, yet you could run other ROMs that had software that was compatible. Big difference.

OP
Robsellingdroids
Reaction score
It wasn't bricked if the power would come on. You just had incompatible software versions.
A bricked device does not even boot, yet you could run other ROMs that had software that was compatible. Big difference.

No trust me my phone was bricked...i know this ...it would not power up at all no recovery nothing. i down graded from a youtube vid and found out the hard way thats others bricked as well...i would not have sent me phone in for another if it powered up..i do know the difference. and for the record as well i have tried to flash an older version on CWM from rom manager and that would not work either...so i thought my only option was to downgrade to unroot. i asked this question for a week and no reply so i did what i thought was the right decision..now all of a sodden everyone wants to chime in...lol...too late..but if you can help someone else with this problem by all means please do..thank you

Last edited:

Kash76

Reaction score
I updated from 3.0.0.5 to 2.5.0.7 on my EVO and still get 3.0.0.5 when I reboot into recovery.