Clock + weather

jaysonstaurt

Reaction score
There is...

Once you select Menu > Add > Widgets the last option is Weather + Large Flip Clock. Here is what it looks like on my home screen:

g1home.png

How do I set my location?

Potts112005

Reaction score
Did you all notice this app draining your battery life at all? I was using Weatherbug and it worked great but it cut my battery life down big time I think. Maybe it was a fluke but I uninstalled it and there is a huge difference in battery life. Would love to get this widget, but want to make sure it won't kill my battery before I pay for it. :motdroidvert:

on weatherbug, did you adjust the time interval of the app updating?

Nope sure didn't, that was probably the issue. I'll try it out again. Thanks for the tip.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets

I went ahead and got Beautiful widgets today. Great app and great looking. Thanks for the tip guys

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I went ahead and got Beautiful widgets today. Great app and great looking. Thanks for the tip guys

does the phone slows down at all? i am thinking of installing this plus open home..

Not at all. The only downfall I see is the fastest waether update even on the paid version is 1 hour intervals. I would like it to be like 15 minuts. Still it's a very good app and widget. Well worth my $1.49. The weather channel app is good too, but certainly not as "beautiful"

a21gomez

Reaction score
Tapping issues

I downloaded (and paid for) the weather widget that is being discussed. When you tap on it once, it opens up a three day forecast. When you tap on the three day forecast, it asks, essentially, "which application would you like to open as a default." I accidentally hit my gmail while I was flipping through my apps and now that's what it opens instead of a weather application that I was trying to associate with the second tap.

I uninstalled and re-installed the widget hoping that would fix the problem It didn't. Does anybody know how to reassign that second tap?

Also, am I the only one who can't find "Beautiful Widgets"? When I search for it, I get... Beautiful Pictures (widget), Pure Grid calendar widget, Christmas Tree Widget, Colored Glass Theme for GDE, and Battery Life.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

xmscott

Reaction score
I installed this app and im not sure how to bring it up on my phone. there is no icon in the menu for this app, when i go to manage applications, nothing happens as well. any advice? thanks:heart:

I cant figure it out!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I downloaded (and paid for) the weather widget that is being discussed. When you tap on it once, it opens up a three day forecast. When you tap on the three day forecast, it asks, essentially, "which application would you like to open as a default." I accidentally hit my gmail while I was flipping through my apps and now that's what it opens instead of a weather application that I was trying to associate with the second tap.

I uninstalled and re-installed the widget hoping that would fix the problem It didn't. Does anybody know how to reassign that second tap?

Also, am I the only one who can't find "Beautiful Widgets"? When I search for it, I get... Beautiful Pictures (widget), Pure Grid calendar widget, Christmas Tree Widget, Colored Glass Theme for GDE, and Battery Life.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Try this from your home screen.
Menu > Settings > Applications > manage applications > scroll to Weather Widget and click to open > 'clear defaults'
This should reset any app associations.

sir2545

Reaction score
I have found that Weather Widget donate is not accurate. I just installed it, and it said the temp was 33 degrees, my weatherbug widget said 38 degrees, and the wireless thermometer in my home says 38, so im stickin with my weatherbug widget..its not so beautiful but I prefer functionality

a21gomez

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Martin. But actually, 'clear defaults' isn't an option. It's not lit up to allow me to press it. Not quite sure why.

I did, however, get an answer from the developer of said app. They said to do this...

- Press clock to get into three day forecast
- Once in three day forecast, hit Menu
- Press '+ Weather App' to change

It worked and I'm juiced.

Thanks!

Tillers_Rule

Reaction score
Not at all. The only downfall I see is the fastest waether update even on the paid version is 1 hour intervals. I would like it to be like 15 minuts. Still it's a very good app and widget. Well worth my $1.49. The weather channel app is good too, but certainly not as "beautiful"

This looks like exactly what I have been looking for.

Reading through some of the comments one stated that the time doesn't always stay synchronized. Have you noticed this?