Clock + weather

halo0

Reaction score
I've seen so many android phones that by default show a big clock with the weather around/behind it on the homescreen. How do we hook that up on the droid? I haven't found a way yet.

OP
halo0

halo0

Reaction score
That seems like a nice app, but there is no clock integrated.

Stigy

Reaction score
There is...

Once you select Menu > Add > Widgets the last option is Weather + Large Flip Clock. Here is what it looks like on my home screen:

g1home.png

OP
halo0

halo0

Reaction score
I assume that's only on the paid version? I don't have that option.

Stigy

Reaction score
I assume that's only on the paid version? I don't have that option.

Maybe it is -- I apologize if it is so.

I believe Beautiful Widgets also has a large flip clock + weather widget, but that is .99 EUROS.

I pay for the apps that I use often to support the developers.

OP
halo0

halo0

Reaction score
I have no problem paying for apps either, I just want to see what's out there :)

krchapman

Reaction score
Have you gotten an answer to this yet? I looked down and noticed I somehow turned the feature on but then when I tried to figure out how I did it, the clock and weather were gone. I can't figure out how to get it back.

OP
halo0

halo0

Reaction score
I ended up buying the "Beautiful Widgets" app. It costs about $1.40 (.99 Euros). I am very happy with it and the dev is great with updating. He's made several updates to optimize it for the Droid already.

krchapman

Reaction score
Whatever this is already exists on the phone. Like I said...I apparently hit something yesteday and the clock popped up and it said it was looking for my location for the weather report. Before it fully loaded I hit the Home button and then the screen cleared.

Stigy

Reaction score
This clock/weather widget does already exist on the HTC Eris as it is part of Sense UI.

The DROID needs to have that widget downloaded from the Market.

Potts112005

Reaction score
Did you all notice this app draining your battery life at all? I was using Weatherbug and it worked great but it cut my battery life down big time I think. Maybe it was a fluke but I uninstalled it and there is a huge difference in battery life. Would love to get this widget, but want to make sure it won't kill my battery before I pay for it. :motdroidvert:

cLovis_ll

Reaction score
Did you all notice this app draining your battery life at all? I was using Weatherbug and it worked great but it cut my battery life down big time I think. Maybe it was a fluke but I uninstalled it and there is a huge difference in battery life. Would love to get this widget, but want to make sure it won't kill my battery before I pay for it. :motdroidvert:

on weatherbug, did you adjust the time interval of the app updating?

Southern_Belle

Reaction score
Installed weather widget forecast add-on

I installed this app and im not sure how to bring it up on my phone. there is no icon in the menu for this app, when i go to manage applications, nothing happens as well. any advice? thanks:heart: