1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Clock to lower than 300 Mhz?

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM D2' started by snipes1003, May 30, 2011.

1. snipes1003

snipes1003 New Member

Is it possible? I can change the setting to lower than 300 Mhz using the droid overclock app, however that does not correspond to a real change in clock speed.
  2. ldopa

ldopa New Member

I wouldn't. I use quickclock advanced to calibrate my phone to maximize frequency while minimizing voltage. It works great, because each phone is different and what works for one d2 may not work for another d2

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz
  3. snipes1003

snipes1003 New Member

yeah quickclock won't let me set anything lower than 300 mhz as the minimum clock speed. I'm running the battery saver profile now, just trying to see what I can do to further push battery savings. Thought someone might know of a way to clock lower; presuming it's carrier locked but idk...
  4. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Listen you can manually put in a lower frequency but i wouldn't recommend it. The voltages calibrated by quickclock will help a lot. This is what I do.
    1.quickclock calibration
    2.use droid overclock to set the governer to conservative (these 2 apps work good together)
    3.juice defender ultimate to turn off data when the phone is asleep.
    4.use the app battery calibration once in a while to generate a fresh battery stat file (great app.!)

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz
Search tags for this page
change mhz in android
change mhz on droid

how to change mhz on android