Clock to lower than 300 Mhz?

snipes1003

Reaction score
Is it possible? I can change the setting to lower than 300 Mhz using the droid overclock app, however that does not correspond to a real change in clock speed.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't. I use quickclock advanced to calibrate my phone to maximize frequency while minimizing voltage. It works great, because each phone is different and what works for one d2 may not work for another d2

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

OP
S

snipes1003

Reaction score
yeah quickclock won't let me set anything lower than 300 mhz as the minimum clock speed. I'm running the battery saver profile now, just trying to see what I can do to further push battery savings. Thought someone might know of a way to clock lower; presuming it's carrier locked but idk...

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Listen you can manually put in a lower frequency but i wouldn't recommend it. The voltages calibrated by quickclock will help a lot. This is what I do.
1.quickclock calibration
2.use droid overclock to set the governer to conservative (these 2 apps work good together)
3.juice defender ultimate to turn off data when the phone is asleep.
4.use the app battery calibration once in a while to generate a fresh battery stat file (great app.!)

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz