Clipboard problem

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I can't seem to copy selected text into the clipboard with Liberty. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Mine works fine in the times I have tried to use it. I haven't used it a lot but I have a few times when setting up signatures in my K9 email client and in the droidforums.net app a couple times.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I should note, I am using swype

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
When I long less press and click paste from clipboard, nothing ever happens.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
I have tried everything I can think of and the clipboard just won't work. As I said when I long press on the text area and select "Paste From Clipboard" I used to get another popup with the clipboard entries, now I get nothing.

This only started when I loaded Liberty.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Just curious - have you tried reinstalling Liberty on top of what you have now without wiping?

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Oh, another idea. Try the Clipboard app in the Fission Rom Manager.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
Yes, I have tried that. I actually had this same problem with Liberty 1.0 and hoped that 1.5 would fix it.

As for the Fission Rom Manager, I have heard that if you install that it really messes up Liberty.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Yes, I have tried that. I actually had this same problem with Liberty 1.0 and hoped that 1.5 would fix it.

As for the Fission Rom Manager, I have heard that if you install that it really messes up Liberty.

That's bull. There are some things in the FRM that will really screw Liberty up, so you have to be smart (for the love of God, please do not try to install a Fission theme over liberty!). But more than one thing in there plays nicely with Liberty. Just be smart and keep backups.

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Okay, I think your problem is that you have some app screwing up your clipboard. Make a Nandroid backup and then do a factory reset. When you boot up, skip logging into you Google account. After that, try copy/paste out with a plain stock install of Liberty and no Gmail account. I bet it will work. You can always restore your backup to undo all that.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
That's bull. There are some things in the FRM that will really screw Liberty up, so you have to be smart (for the love of God, please do not try to install a Fission theme over liberty!). But more than one thing in there plays nicely with Liberty. Just be smart and keep backups.

That worked! I looked at what it did and it install VClipboard into /system/apps. I looked at the Liberty ROM and that file is not in their /system/apps.

Not sure how it is working for anyone else if this file is missing??

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org

That worked! I looked at what it did and it install VClipboard into /system/apps. I looked at the Liberty ROM and that file is not in their /system/apps.

Not sure how it is working for anyone else if this file is missing??

Anyway, thanks for your help!

It's not missing from Liberty. This is a this party app that adds additional features, although I'm not sure what they are. I still think you have an app that interferes with your default clipboard functionality. There have been roms in the past with broken clipboard functionality (that is not Liberty) and that app has been a work around.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score
It's not missing from Liberty. This is a this party app that adds additional features, although I'm not sure what they are. I still think you have an app that interferes with your default clipboard functionality. There have been roms in the past with broken clipboard functionality (that is not Liberty) and that app has been a work around.

May be true. Don't really care as long as it works now. Thanks again.

OP
KerrAvon

KerrAvon

Reaction score

I just examined my stock ROM files and VClipboard.apk is in /system/app so therefore, it does not appear to be a 3rd party app, but rather a stock app on the Droid X. It would appear that this app is missing from the Liberty ROM. There may be a reason for that, I don't know.