Clipboard gone?

jlewis2444

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to the clipboard on the DROID X 4.5.596 update? I can copy and paste, but I no longer get the option "from clipboard". Is the system only retaining the last copy? What if I want to delete the copied text from where ever the system is storing it? I used to periodically clear my clipboard of all previous copied text, but cannot figure out how to do it since I downloaded the update.

Thanks!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no clipboard with GB. Its like a computer. The last thing copied is the last thing saved.

CM74DX

OP
J

jlewis2444

Reaction score
Thanks, Brad92! So, the only way to clear the current memory would be to overlay it with another copy command?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That has been the only way I have found. Or you can do a reboot.

CM74DX

OP
J

jlewis2444

Reaction score
Thanks again! It worked. Kind of miss that clipboard, though.

eg146

Reaction score
Yeah I know exactly what you're talking about. It has been happening to me on my DROID 2.

I've rebooted 5 times. Hopefully that means hitting ALT, UP Arrow, and Delete at the same time.
Also took the battery out and still only get the last thing copied and can only paste it ONE time.

Someone in another thread said to do a factory reset, what exactly will I lose if I do that besides my amps and personal settings/ringtones? Will I lose my contacts and have to use Verizon's Backup Assistant?
That doesn't correspond with my Gmail contacts as they told me it would when I got the phone.

Why does it have to be so complicated to copy text and save it on the clipboard like before?