Clearing up a few Nexus 6 concerns

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's actually a Note 3 in that video not Note 4... For anyone wondering.. And I'd wait on some more hands on before we totally trash the camera and video of the Nexus 6...

M8 tap'd

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am still in for a Nexus 6, I wouldn't pay $849 for an iPhone 6 + to get a slightly better camera. The camera is the last function I care about on these devices. The Nexus 6 is better than the Nexus 5, and I am happy with the Nexus 5. Now, if I could only order one from At&t I would be happy.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Other than hardcore gaming where is it you need 64 bit?

Sdcard, agree but I'm willing to settle for 64gb version.

Battery: turbo charger tech, large battery, and my battery pack will suffice plus we are seeing more manufacturers go non removable (wired in) batteries. Helps with water and dust protection as the back covers have gaskets and I'm thinking they worried the consumer could either damage the gaskets removing the back cover or not install it correctly resulting in conflict over warranties.

+1 to the above, especially the removable battery versus water/dust. Z3V isn't a removable battery. In fact in order to be "waterproof", all case openings are covered with tethered slot doors with gaskets, even the headphone jack.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Wait, I think you need to add Motorola to that list of sources to purchase from. You can also purchase it directly from Motorola, and it should be able to be activated on ANY carrier as well...
9e389f7c95cd023a23d73df017a83c3b.jpg

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait, I think you need to add Motorola to that list of sources to purchase from. You can also purchase it directly from Motorola, and it should be able to be activated on ANY carrier as well...
9e389f7c95cd023a23d73df017a83c3b.jpg

i would think so but the article i post stated otherwise. We will have to wait for people who bought their devices from motorola to find out the answer.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
i would think so but the article i post stated otherwise. We will have to wait for people who bought their devices from motorola to find out the answer.

I see you're right on that point, in that Motorola bought phones aren't automatically able to be "activated" on ALL of the major carriers, however apparently at least Verizon is an exception to that list... The chart says no, but the instructions (put your sim card in and it will work), says yes...

See below;
"

upload_2014-11-18_0-7-34.png

Thankfully, Big Red only whitelists devices at the customer service level. It doesn't do so at the network level. That means that if you have an already-activated SIM card, you should be able to put it into any Nexus 6, regardless of place of purchase, and have it work just fine on your Verizon line of service. Just keep in mind that your phone will show up as "Non-VZW Device" in Verizon's system and thus, changing plans, getting a new SIM card, and other account changes will probably require a visit to a Verizon store or a call to customer care.​
"

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
That's correct Fox.. If ya got a nano sim activated already on other phone just pop it in... Already saw peeps stating they have done so successfully..

M8 tap'd

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
Has there even been any confirmation that Lollipop would run in 64bit on say the Exynos Note 4?

64bit only helps in situations where you need serious number crunching like games and post processing of photos. Maybe 2016 will usher in the need for 64bit for tablets. I still don't see it being necessary in phones even by then.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This will make the Sunday Evening Chat.... not only did I have to eat my words but I am choking on them.

alan_crocker

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Loved my nexus 4 and was going to upgrade to 6 when it came out, but then it came out! Not paying that much or buying a phone that big. Wish Google had a policy of producing phones in a range of sizes that showcased android...

As for now, my Sony z3 compact is a very good nexus 4 replacement (even to the point that the back is just as vulnerable!)

Last edited by a moderator: