Clearing Txt message history?

hoppie

Reaction score
Just got my new DX and love it..Only thing is it seems to keep track of messages btwn you and your contacts. If I go to contacts and slide the screen over it has a list of recent messages (even though I deleted the txt thread from within messaging). Is there a way to clear this history as well?? Or keep it from saving it at all??

mig991

Reaction score
That is a great question, wish I had the answer but will check back to see what others say.

After a while this is going to really take up space if these 'histories' can not be deleted permanently.

Digidy

Reaction score
Excellent question, i would like to know this as well.....i've looked every in settings and online and could not find anything on how to clear the history.

phatkat66

Reaction score
holy moly.... this is not good for those that....live secret lives lol

It seems the only way to erase that history is to >_> erase the contact.....

wtf moto! you startin to piss me off....

sevinwilson

Reaction score
tap and hold your finger on the person you want to delete the message with and it looks like it will delete the conversation

sevinwilson

Reaction score
When i did it theres two options that come up. the top one is "open conversation" and the bottom "delete conversation".

phatkat66

Reaction score
If i even try to open up past convos i erased it says "message unavailable"

phatkat66

Reaction score
One workaround I just found out is sliding to the "History" page of the contacts, pull up the menu go to "Display Group" and press on "Contacts" then this will only show you the history of calls.

But it doesnt ERASE the text history, so if someone is nosey and smart (bad mix lol) they can still get into your history.

phatkat66

Reaction score
If i even try to open up past convos i erased it says "message unavailable"

But the whole message is viewable. Tiger Woods would not approve.

Sevin can you go step by step thru what you did if you remember?

I agree trust me, I have a gf that sees a "hello" from another member of the human race with a **** and I'll be getting kicked out of a car at full speed LOL I don't need that...

sevinwilson

Reaction score
if you are on the message screen where it displays all of the messages and you press the button on the left with the four squares and then go to select multiple you can delete multiple peoples text messages

phatkat66

Reaction score
if you are on the message screen where it displays all of the messages and you press the button on the left with the four squares and then go to select multiple you can delete multiple peoples text messages

You're going through the "Text Message" app not the "Contacts" App, "Contacts" Will still show your erased "Text Message" messages