Clearing space on SD card?

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
After a rom or update.zip is installed onto the device can the original file be deleted? What's the best way to clear space?
Thanks

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They can. I use Androzip personally. How much "space" have you used??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have like 9.something of 14 free so i'm not necessarily needing it yet but wanted to be ready. I've been trying out different roms and themes and just wanted to make sure i can delete the old ones without damaging any kind of path files or anything? Still new to the x and all it does! Actually the thing that raised this question initially was the tranquility rom splash screen logo still appears even after switching back to 928's black glass? So what if I delete the tranquility3.0 file? Will it revert back to the 'M' logo?
Sorry if I'm rambling.
Thanks again!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for the response. I have like 9.something of 14 free so i'm not necessarily needing it yet but wanted to be ready. I've been trying out different roms and themes and just wanted to make sure i can delete the old ones without damaging any kind of path files or anything? Still new to the x and all it does! Actually the thing that raised this question initially was the tranquility rom splash screen logo still appears even after switching back to 928's black glass? So what if I delete the tranquility3.0 file? Will it revert back to the 'M' logo?
Sorry if I'm rambling.
Thanks again!

That just means that the boot from Tranquility is the one in the data/local folder (where your phone looks first). I think Dave's boots go to system/media instead but I could be wrong. If you just delete the file (can't be done with Androzip), you won't have a boot animation...it'll just show the "M" and go blank until it goes to the lock screen.

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
I get the tanquility at first and then the droid eye at startup. I like the eye but the tranquility's gotta go! How can I do that?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So the two got merged together? That's odd! You'll need to purchase and install Root Explorer to do anything.

I get the tanquility at first and then the droid eye at startup. I like the eye but the tranquility's gotta go! How can I do that?

BdROIDX99

Reaction score
So the two got merged together? That's odd! You'll need to purchase and install Root Explorer to do anything.

The boot logo is not part of the animation. Both can be changed separately

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
I deleted the tranquility folder with the logo files and the original .zip file but it's still showing up?

OP
L

lucas.jackson

Reaction score
Still unable to locate this file if anyone has some guidance? There is a temp folder in data/local but its empty?
Thanks!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Still unable to locate this file if anyone has some guidance? There is a temp folder in data/local but its empty?
Thanks!

Find the boot animation that you want to have, mount as R/W, long press the bootanimation.zip and select copy. Now, go back to data/local and select paste. Make sure the file is named bootanimation.zip and not something like bootanimation1.zip or it won't work. Reboot.

JoecooL669

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a Bionic and i keep get a volume low warning on my sd card.. not sure what i should do with pictures and music. can anyone help? PLEASE?