Clearing Program Caches

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just figures out that a big speed difference can be had by clearing out the caches from programs.

However you have to look at every program to see if there is a cache and then clear it manually.

I know there are programs on the market to do this automatically for all programs for people who have rooted.

Is there something for those who have not rooted?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I saw that - but it doesn't clear them all automatically it provides an easy way to do them one by one...

I may buy it and try it.

yes. There is Quick App Clean Cache in the Market. Here is the web site for the developer: Quick App Clean Cache v1.8 Application for Android | Tools

No rooting required.

I just bought it and tried it. I thought it would clear all automatically too but it does have an option to bring up programs that have a cache only. That does cut down time.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I bought it also. It does save time by scanning every program and listing them in order of largest Cache but you do have to clear them manually.

And the Droid is WAY faster.

One question is what's the purpose of the caches that I'm clearing? Am I doing any harm here?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do have to say after clearing out the largest ones the Droid is blazing fast - programs run faster. Everything.

DaveF

Reaction score
Thanks a lot hookbill !!!!
Waiting so long for such an app (my phone is not rooted) :icon_ banana: