1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Clearing out phone without clearing BB.

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by zerokewl, Jul 25, 2010.

1. zerokewl

zerokewl New Member

So I got an X and Im going to be giving my D1 over to my friend. I want to get all my info off of it, but he would like all the things pertaining to ROM, root, and other hacks/mods to stay intact. Can I go into recovery and just wipe something specific to just remove the user added data?

In short, I need to make it safe to give to someone else, without worrying about them having my stuff.
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

what recovery? i only used SPRecovery, id just download a new nandroid file of the latest BB and delete the rest of the nandroid backups that have ur info
  3. Bxrider117

Bxrider117 New Member

I think you can reboot to recovery if you are rooted and wipe data and cache. Once he logs into his google account all of his information should be there.
  4. zerokewl

zerokewl New Member

Yea... I totally didnt even think of recovery.... ive gotten so used to the X. Just wiped it and we are back to fresh BB .4. now just need to overclock it for him and we are golden. Thanks for the replies though guys.
  5. Abe21599

Abe21599 RS/Moderator

o yea good point lol forgot about that - ive had the DX and havent used my droid for a while