Clearing off all data

hyrulejedi86

Reaction score
How do I completly clean off an SD card after a factory reset but before setting up the phone again?
Can I just delete everything by putting it on my PC then once it's setup do a format memory card?

illmatic636

Reaction score
How do I completly clean off an SD card after a factory reset but before setting up the phone again?
Can I just delete everything by putting it on my PC then once it's setup do a format memory card?

Go into settings on your phone and select storage. There is an option to erase SD card. That should do the trick. Although, formatting is does the same thing.

OP
H

hyrulejedi86

Reaction score
The phone isn't setup yet, It's still on the "click the android to start" and I want to give it as a gift so I don't want to start it up yet. That's why I wondered if I could just clear it on my PC.

illmatic636

Reaction score
The phone isn't setup yet, It's still on the "click the android to start" and I want to give it as a gift so I don't want to start it up yet. That's why I wondered if I could just clear it on my PC.

Yes, as long as your computer recognizes it as a SD/Removable Storage, you should be able to format it FAT32 and it will delete everything on it.