Clear Up! D3 Bootloader

metalcoat

Reaction score
tick tock tick tock. I hope I have service in upstate NY.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Depending on where you are there is always a good signal. Reporting from the Canadian border in NY

rushmore

Reaction score
Maybe they locked it since they are also pushing the D3 as an enterprise device. IT folks are not fans of stuff not locked down.

OP
woodyman

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
yes and the usual fastboot oem unlock doesn't work, and all reports are these ones are locked down, sad to see, but i know it is possible and i'm working on it, if only the pre-production units were what we had.. ;) lol

Woody, you get your D3 yet?

Brandon

bplewis24

Reaction score
Cool man, just looking forward to your findings because the worst case scenario is that the Bionic may be the same way (that's the phone I'm getting).

Brandon

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool man, just looking forward to your findings because the worst case scenario is that the Bionic may be the same way (that's the phone I'm getting).

Brandon

If the bionics bootloader is locked and encrypted and isn't able to be broken enough to allow for the same level of customization as my D1 then, I'm sorry moto, I'm jumping ship to another manufacturer...hopefully the D3 bootloader isn't too hard to break and doesn't restrict anything too much the same will apply to the bionic too...I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread hoping to hear good news

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Raptor007

Reaction score
I have a feeling the Bionic will disappoint those who are expecting an unlocked bootloader. But more importantly I think the hype that has been built up over the last 7 months is just going to hurt it. We will get a week of jubilation followed by angry mobs at Moto's door.

Now back to the Droid 3 news with Sherry and Bob.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have a feeling the Bionic will disappoint those who are expecting an unlocked bootloader. But more importantly I think the hype that has been built up over the last 7 months is just going to hurt it. We will get a week of jubilation followed by angry mobs at Moto's door.

Now back to the Droid 3 news with Sherry and Bob.

I agree...that phone was highly anticipated since january...and some ppl even gave up on it.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

rickerbilly

Reaction score
I really like this phone. I can finally type alpha and numeric passwords without a f key! But I have been spoiled with goodies this whole year on my DX. I had that thing running smooth and fast using Liberty GB. I counted 24 apps that I want gone from this thing. I have $ waiting to donate to the first dev who makes a 1clickroot type app for this d3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Raptor007

Reaction score
I happily gave up on it and love the D3 so far. The screen is great, call quality and clarity has been great as well. I had an 80 minute call today and never dropped the call. While most would say that should be true, my Droid Charge dropped a call 3 times on the same route yesterday. So network issues, or better radio.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
^My past experiences with Samsung phones, regular cell and smart phone vs. a Motorola regular cell and smart phone...

I'm gonna say its a better radio. I try to give the benefit of the doubt and say Samsung might finally have better radios in their phones with each new phone, but so far it doesnt seem that way. This is going back to 2005 for my Samsung and Motorola experience. The Motorola E815 was a great lil regular cell phone..

Last edited: