clear status background on gb

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by bmx24, Feb 18, 2011.

1. bmx24

bmx24 New Member

ok the olny person i have seen this done in there rom is chevyno1 and thats it so if anyone knows what the patch is plaese tell it will make my phone look so much better (just a sidenote those files on gb are located in system ui no longer in framework):)
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

I have done it on quite a few of the CM7 nightlies. I just flashed CM7 #42, and I haven't themed it yet completely, but I threw one of my custom backgrounds (with transparency) that I have as part of one of my themes just to show that it is indeed possible.

[​IMG]

The way I have been doing my themeing is pulling the framework-res and systemui files, modifying them, then pushing them back to where they belong. I also theme a few other files, in my process.

I think Liquid is the only ROM I have heard that there are issues with themeing it, at least that I know of. I read that they use an xml color code rather than the picture, but I haven't dissected that ROM to verify that. I haven't been able to try any of the other GB builds, just been sticking with the CM nightlies (missing a night from time to time). But I don't see why there would be a problem unless they messed something up accidentally.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2011
  3. bmx24

bmx24 New Member

wtf that is what i did ....o i think it is cus i am using bb witch is one of the few roms out there that is built from google source code and not cyanogenmod's source well i swiched to the newest 42 aneway and am using a honeycomb theme wich has a transparent bg and looks amasing btw
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Yeah that could be it, I haven't had a chance to try BB's yet. I know theming BB apparently was an issue with his normal ROMs. Maybe it is still the same way. I did try Liquid in it's preview state, but I haven't gotten back around to it yet.

Haha I completely forgot about the themechanger app.

Glad you got it working though.
  5. bmx24

bmx24 New Member

ya cus i remember back in thoes froyo leak when it was big news that someone had pached the status background to be transparrent or something along the lines of that like back when cyanogenmod was not really around for the droid
  6. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Cupfull is right, LGB points to a #cc color code instead of shade_bg.png so it's impossible to theme that since SystemUI errors on decompiling... I made a fix for it but since I don't run LGB, I can't test it... but I'm sure they'll fix it themselves on the next update...