Clear data

icyababy79

Reaction score
What exactly does clear data do under apps settings? I know what clear cache does but s'not data. Afraid to do it incase I mess something up.

drpaul07

Reaction score
it won't mess anything up. it would just clear the settings within the app..for example, if you cleared data of the browser, all the bookmarks you made would be gone, etc.

Anthony 23

Reaction score
I've finally moved alot of my apps to my SD card. There is also a option called clear data. Do I want to do that? I fear losing the app or the info on that app. I've cleared cache as well.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:shocked: No do not clear data unless you don't mind losing all your settings.

indcolts18288

Reaction score
I've finally moved alot of my apps to my SD card. There is also a option called clear data. Do I want to do that? I fear losing the app or the info on that app. I've cleared cache as well.

How did you move your apps to your SD card? Thanks

Edit: nevermind i figured it out. there's a place where it says move to sd card. but how come not all apps have that option?

Last edited:

Anthony 23

Reaction score
Go to manage apps. After they all download, click on each one. If You can move it to SD card it will literally say move to SD card.click that button and it moves the app

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

How did you move your apps to your SD card? Thanks

Edit: nevermind i figured it out. there's a place where it says move to sd card. but how come not all apps have that option?

Many of the apps are capable of working from the SD card, but unless you root you can't move them. Then if you're rooted you do it with terminal emulator and the apps that don't show capable of moving become movable.