Clear cache

OP
jacestone40

jacestone40

Reaction score
How do I get root access ... my issue is I downloaded an app and uninstalled from the settings application but when I go to the droid market it still reads as if the app is installed I do not want to do a complete wipe of the phone any suggestions...I am running Home++

imiller913

Reaction score
you might want to try to go to applications then manage applications select the app and see if you can uninstall it that way

OP
jacestone40

jacestone40

Reaction score
the app is already removed as far as I can see I don't see the Icon

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Is it a problem that it is listed in the market search?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
How do I get root access ... my issue is I downloaded an app and uninstalled from the settings application but when I go to the droid market it still reads as if the app is installed I do not want to do a complete wipe of the phone any suggestions...I am running Home++
oh disregard. I misunderstood your question.

Go into settings/aplications/manage applications/menu/filter/all/market/clear cache

raven1911

Reaction score
How about clearing the market search fields? Is there a way to clear that? I am tired of seeing all the stuff I have typed in the search field.

Samckaz

Reaction score
Go into settings/aplications/manage applications/menu/filter/all/market/clear cache

Awesome, thanks for the tip.:icon_ banana:
Sorry to say that those steps will not clear the Market History, but there is a way. If you are rooted then buy an app from the market called "CacheMate" install it, launch the program go into settings' scroll all the way down click on "Data (experimental)" select Market Search History, go back and hit the circle Clear' you have just cleared the invincible Market Search History.
Good luck

AndroidAppCritic

Reaction score
How about clearing the market search fields? Is there a way to clear that? I am tired of seeing all the stuff I have typed in the search field.

same here..

CacheMate dev here,

The Market history can only be cleared if you are rooted. This is a big oversight IMO by the developers of the Market. However, most of these types of issues are solved with root. Sorry, it's the only way.

The free version of CacheMate will do the trick. There is an experimental data clearing feature and the demo includes Market history. Please read the manual for complete details.