Clear all settings

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I did a factory reset thinking it would remove all settings / features I've implemented into the phone, but when I booted back in, it still had my wallpaper and I had to reinput all settings. While it did remove all my settings and applications, it obviously retains some information.

How do you truly get back to stock, like when I first bought the phone?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
1. Turn the Droid off. If it won’t turn off, take the battery out then place it back in.

2. Open the keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding Power. The device will power on. Keep holding the buttons down until a yellow triangle appers.

3. Press the Camera and Volume Up buttons at the same time to get to the menu. (I had to press them several times).

4. Use the direction pad to the right of the keyboard to select the Format option.

Yeah, that's what I did.

It didn't clear the wallpaper, which leads me to believe it hangs onto some information, which I don't like.

I guess I'll have to flash the virgin_oem ROM I have if I really, really, really want to go back to 'stock'.

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I also just attempted to reset via the .sbf method and my wallpaper still remained, which still leads me to believe some settings are not touched. I wiped data and cache.

Does anyone know anything about this?

OP
nerdbox08

nerdbox08

Reaction score
Just bumping in hopes someone understands what I'm talking about and can help me.