Cleantool Script

cp24eva

Reaction score
Um, I don't think so. Matter of fact, no I didn't. Went back to Sense UI before I did the cleantool script. I still don't see it.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Try running this in ADB, it will show all disabled packages.

pm list packages -d

cp24eva

Reaction score
I'll plunk around with that when I get home from work and report back.

Fastbird

Reaction score
Ok, been playing with this, and my phone is snappy as can be now. I had a thought though. Since the phone is temp rooted until a reboot, would I be able to install, say, Titanium Backup and Autostarts and utilize those? If so, what would happen to changes I make with autostarts once I reboot? I really want use of those two programs back, especially autostarts. Thanks all!

Posting from my Rezound....enjoying the beats.

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, been playing with this, and my phone is snappy as can be now. I had a thought though. Since the phone is temp rooted until a reboot, would I be able to install, say, Titanium Backup and Autostarts and utilize those? If so, what would happen to changes I make with autostarts once I reboot? I really want use of those two programs back, especially autostarts. Thanks all!

Use the new CleanTool 2.01 and you get the addition of "better" temp root. It sticks around a lot longer and definitely allows use of apps like Titanium, wifi tether, etc....

Fastbird

Reaction score
Say I was using autostarts to keep things from starting or running. If I do that, would the settings stick when I lost root or I had to reboot?

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I added one or two items to my list of apps that I de-bloated with this script:

@adb shell pm disable com.adobe.reader
@adb shell pm disable com.blockbuster.app.htc
@adb shell pm disable com.mobitv.client.nfl2010
@adb shell pm disable com.gameloft.android.Verizon.GloftLGolf2.lgolf2
@adb shell pm disable com.amazon.kindle
@adb shell pm disable com.slacker.radio
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.android.htcsetupwizard
@adb shell pm disable com.infraware.docmaster
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.appsharing
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.socialnetwork.flickr
@adb shell pm disable com.ea.nfshp
@adb shell pm disable com.vzw.hss.myverizon
@adb shell pm disable com.pv.android.verizon.mod
@adb shell pm disable com.pv.android.verizon.avod
@adb shell pm disable com.videosurf.activity
@adb shell pm disable com.vznavigator.ADR6425LVW
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.VzWBackupAssistantClient
@adb shell pm disable com.mtag.scan
@adb shell pm disable com.google.android.apps.books
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.htctwitter
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.android.footprints
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.footprints.widget3d
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.mim
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.friendstream
@adb shell pm disable com.htcidlescreen.socialnetwork
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.googlereader
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.googlereaderwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.reportagent
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.usagemonitor
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.dockmode
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stock
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.facebookchat
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.socialnetwork.facebook
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.Twitter3DWidget
@adb shell pm disable com.muvee.video.trimer
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.tetheringguard
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.Task3DWidget
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.Sync3DWidget
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stockidlescreen
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.stockwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.htccontacts
@adb shell pm disable com.vcast.service
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.mimwidget
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.WifiRouter
@adb shell pm disable com.android.providers.htcCheckin

Phone typically sits around 350mb free and is more responsive...

I played around with removing Sense entirely and using something like Go Launcher EX which I have always liked... But I noticed that under Sense, my Antutu benchmark scores are in the 5600-5800 or so range. When I switch to Go Launcher, they drop to around 4,800 or so. Go back to Sense, the scores come back up. Go back to Go Launcher, they take a dive.

Not sure why, it really is odd. Quadrant stays about the same at around 2500, but I don't know what is going on with Antutu. On one hand, it could mean nothing, some glitch with the benchmark, or, perhaps something on the phone is optimized for Sense, and when you remove it it has an impact on performance. Not sure, but until I know what is going on I will stick with Sense...

OP
MrSmith317

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Scott just posted CleanTool 2.1 with some much better options. @Fastbird, I haven't played with autostarts yet. I think you should be able to cheat "permanent" root with autostarts, however I can't say for 100% sure. @SquireSCA Check the new script out. Also I think HTC inflates their scores via Sense and allowing certain things to be cached as Sense itself caches a ton.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Scott just posted CleanTool 2.1 with some much better options. @Fastbird, I haven't played with autostarts yet. I think you should be able to cheat "permanent" root with autostarts, however I can't say for 100% sure. @SquireSCA Check the new script out. Also I think HTC inflates their scores via Sense and allowing certain things to be cached as Sense itself caches a ton.

Ran the new one this morning... I got rid of all bloat, then got rid of Sense...

Couple things though... if you de-sense the phone, you lose Beats Audio. Also, you need to modify Scott's script before deleting Sense, or you will also lose your picture gallery app.

But I got it all set up, running Go Launcher with an ICS theme, and my phone sits in the 400-500mb free range most of the time, and is very fast and responsive.

kimintenn

Reaction score
Its really easy to set back to factory ..which you'd do anyway returning/exhanging the device.

Sent from my HTC Rezound
So, even if you've used CleanTool you can still do a factory reset and it will go back to the way it was originally? I've never rooted or anything so this makes me slightly nervous, but I REALLY want to get rid of all the bloatware!

kimintenn

Reaction score
Ok, let's start from the beginning. First, go to scottsroms.com(under downloads) and grab cleantool v1.1 (or whatever the latest version is) . Next up grab my list(which you already have). Unzip cleantool and edit the CleanTOOL.bat file. Down towards the bottom you will see a bunch of "@adb shell pm disable com.blah.blah" commands. Take the chosen com.blah.blah(whatever application you want to disable) from my text list and insert it into the cleanTOOL.bat file. Let's say you want to disable taskmanager.

Edit CleanTOOL.bat
(down where the other disable lines are add another)
@adb shell pm disable com.htc.taskmanager
Save the file. Run it.

If you put "REM" at the beginning of a line it will stop that line from running.
This helps if you want to keep track of what you've disabled/enabled

If you want to re-enable something change the disable to enable...for example
@adb shell pm enable com.htc.taskmanager

I think you get the idea. If you're still having problems PM me and I'll help you try to get your batch file in shape.
Thanks for the step by step directions! I think I'm going to give this a try.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
So, even if you've used CleanTool you can still do a factory reset and it will go back to the way it was originally? I've never rooted or anything so this makes me slightly nervous, but I REALLY want to get rid of all the bloatware!

Actually if you run the cleantool script and you want to go back or re-enable anything just go in and instead of the command "disable" change it to "enable" and you will get the app back. I just realized I disabled the Kindle app I have and wanted to use it. need to wait till i get home to enable it again. should take all of 10 minutes. It is amazing though how much more free memory ou get after disabling the stupid VZW stuff. In fact the only reason I can see why anyone would want to root vs just disabling is to change the processor/clock settings so that the battery will last longer.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
I've found that I need to do a battery pull each time I run the script. The first time I was stuck in a boot loop and now this time the SIM locked up somehow and I was getting a message saying call customer care becuse the PUK code is locked. So a word of caution, do a battery pull to be sure.

Fastbird

Reaction score
What is the best launcher if I go senseless?

That's very subjective. Try them all and see what works best for you. I used to be a LauncherPro fan, but found I like Go Launcher better because.it has more options. ADW is another popular option, but I can't comment on it. I've had ZERO issues with Go Launcher.

Posted from my Rezound