Cleaning your screen

LassieGal

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I use eyeglass cleaner (came with glasses from Sears) and a Viva paper towel, which has a soft-cloth texture. While I had a cold a few weeks ago, I also used a little dot of alcohol to clean the screen--really cleaned up those natural oils.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Homemade glass cleaner:

1 cup alcohol (as close to 100% as you can get)

1 cup distilled water

1 tablespoon vinegar

Works like a charm.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is this a new thread on this topic? I think I already responded to one, but i generally just wipe mine on my t shirt or jeans. I used to be more cautious, but I've been doing this since Dec or Jan with no ill effects. :D

trevorx3

Reaction score
Don't clean your screen with anything paper related: toilet paper, paper towels, etc. Just don't do it!

Momsdroid

Reaction score
Just like I clean eyeglasses; get some breath steam on the screen, and wipe it with the static-free microfiber cloth (Scotch) I use on my monitor screen. Just got my Droid a week ago and will order a Naked Case from Case-Mate shortly so that I never have to touch the screen again.

xkaper

Reaction score
I clean it with eyeglass wipes. I work in a factory and they supply those so we can keep our safety glasses clean. Never ending supply and they work great.

mec6250

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
a spray of alcohol and wipe with microfiber cloth (I have a screen protector on it - so cleaning plastic here) works on bare naked screen too - rubbing alcohol wipes work too - just squeeze out excess moisture before using them on the screen

artc33

Reaction score
Curious to know what you all use to clean your screen...i know a cotton cloth and whatnot..but the streaks kill me in sunlight...any ideas?
i work in construction, even though i got a case for it, it's still gets dusty and dirty a lot, finger oil and what not. either a glasses cloth or the microfiver cloth that came with my hp touchsmart does the job very well. by the way, i tried those "invisible" screen protectors and really didn't like them. again, work in construction and thankfully haven't got a scratch on it yet.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use Zeiss Lens cleaning wipes. You can get them at Wal-Mart for 3.00 for a package of 50 in their optical department. Works great on the Droid.

BuzWeaver

Reaction score
Is it safe for me to assume you guys aren't using plastic shields? I wanted to replaced the plastic shield I got from Verizon and I ended up wasting two as I was going through the trail and error method of finding the best way to do it.

Today I went to BestBuy looking for additional covers and I ended up getting the Shield deal, which was $31.00 bucks. I've seen the videos where people are scratching the glass with keys and whatnot, but if the moray/rainbow effect of this shield isn't gone in the 24 hour period I may just leave it bare.

th9203

Reaction score
RAIN X Twofer

RAIN X Sounds like a great idea for me and the wife will love it since she hates to get wet. :icon_ banana: