Cleaning up my desktop on Droid

bigthinker

Reaction score
I am trying to clean up a huge mess on the Droid due to the loading of so many cool apps....they end up on the desktop and now I have started to take them to a file folder for organizational purposes....I am then trying to dump them into the trash, but its not allowing me to do so....The desk top is starting to give me fits because there is just too much on there....any suggestions? I know this is probably an easy one.:)

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by "not allowing me to". Here's what you do:
  • Long press the icon you want to remove
  • A trash can should appear at the bottom of the screen
  • Drag the icon to the trash can
  • It should turn red when you're in the right spot
  • Lift your finger off the display
That should do it.

droid-resha

Reaction score
that will delete the icon off the desktop, but not uninstall it.

My question is there a way to organize the popup window from the bottom? Can you put folders in there?

liquidzoo

Reaction score
You can't put folders in the default tray.

Something like Sweeter Home will allow you to organize things into different trays, though; but there is a learning curve with it.

I think Panda Home will allow you to hide icons in the tray.

droid-resha

Reaction score
ok, is there a stylus that works for my droid? or just fingers?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
For those with appofillia (obsessive downloading of apps), an especially useful app is FolderOrganizer (aka abcOrganizer and in a more limited form AppOrganizer.) It enables you to organize applications (and in the abcOrganizer version also Bookmarks and Contacts) into shortcuts with a single user-defined icon on the home screen.

Saves screen real estate. Allows individual apps to be associated with multiple shortcuts. Works well with various icon packages including BetterCut. I use it with GDE and more recently with the Helix Launcher to provide easy access to the 130 or so apps I have on the phone without searching through the app drawer.

Last edited:

plongson

Reaction score
ok, is there a stylus that works for my droid? or just fingers?

I've found that an ice-pick or similar sharp instrument works very well as a replacement for your finger. :icon_eek::icon_eek:

bobarry

Reaction score
Folder Organizer eats a lot of memory

For those with appofillia (obsessive downloading of apps), an especially useful app is FolderOrganizer (aka abcOrganizer and in a more limited form AppOrganizer.) It enables you to organize applications (and in the abcOrganizer version also Bookmarks and Contacts) into shortcuts with a single user-defined icon on the home screen.

Saves screen real estate. Allows individual apps to be associated with multiple shortcuts. Works well with various icon packages including BetterCut. I use it with GDE and more recently with the Helix Launcher to provide easy access to the 130 or so apps I have on the phone without searching through the app drawer.

I liked the program but it used so much memory I had to uninstall it. When my Droid gets below 513MB free I get the low app memory message.

Still don't know why app memory is used when a program isn't running and it is stored on the SD card. Any ideas?
Bo