Cleaning the screen.

Bunachi

Reaction score
Alright I know wiping the screen on some cloth cleans it for a little while but mine I've had since it came out and it looks kind of fogged up. Is there anything I can do to fresh it up. Like maybe rubbing alcohol or something? Thanks for any responses

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

Scott1974

Reaction score
I use a microfiber towl and that works great for me. I've had the Fascinate since it first came out and don't have any sort of "fogging" on my screen. When I go to charge it in the evenings, I just take 10 seconds to quickly wipe the screen down with the microfiber towl and it looks like it just came out of the box.

As for using alcohol on the screen, I'm not sure how effective that would be. I'd be more concerned that it might haze the screen. If you try anything, I'd very lightly wet the microfiber towl/cloth with a bit of water. And if I did that, I'd use VERY little water.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I use an anti static cloth that is meant for cleaning photo negatives and it works wonders. I wouldn't use alcohol on the screen either but a small amount of water may work.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use a brillo pad.

J/K;)

I actually use Weis Lens cleaner tissues I get at Walmart. 2.99 for 50 of them.

cpjr

Reaction score
I have always used a touch of windex on a paper towel and have NEVER messed a screen up or scratched it in years on any phone ive ever had.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Windex is actually a pretty good idea. It is glass cleaner after all lol. But ya spray it on the paper towel not the phone.

Swvapunk69

Reaction score
Yall might find this funny but I use one of my sons old wash cloths the kind for a baby its crazy soft but cleans great. Lol

shmoo

Reaction score
I usually just lick my screen and then wipe it on my shirt....been doing it since day one and it looks brand new.

Sent from my OG Avalon Droid using DroidForums App

cpjr

Reaction score
Windex is actually a pretty good idea. It is glass cleaner after all lol. But ya spray it on the paper towel not the phone.

Lol, yeah spray the paper towel ;)

PS- And yeah I remember some type of discussion awhile back (not on here) where people swore windex would damage a phone's screen and cause it to not respond to touch. Which was STUPID because the digitizer (part that makes the screen have touch function) is located UNDER the glass :icon_eek:

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I usually just lick my screen and then wipe it on my shirt....been doing it since day one and it looks brand new.

I've actually done that a few times, but I sincerely hope you do it in public while akwardly staring at strangers.

cpjr

Reaction score

I've actually done that a few times, but I sincerely hope you do it in public while akwardly staring at strangers.

He cleans windows that way too.....:p

shmoo

Reaction score
Hahaha I've done that it would be pretty funny to stare someone down while I do it.

And no I don't clean windows that way.....my tounge gets too dry!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
B

Bunachi

Reaction score
Alright thanks guys. I'm going to try the windex thing. The licking the screen il do of I have no windex nearby lol. Thanks guys I appreciate it