Cleaning out the system library

Optimus_Primus

Reaction score
I have posted this in a couple of other threads but no one seems to know how to fix it. I have a rooted motorola droid running cyanogenmod 6.1. Somewhere in the system library there is a file that makes alot of my albums have the same album cover. How can I remove this?? I have tried actually finding album art for those albums and when they show up in the app (PowerAmp) they are the real album cover, but when viewed by albums they are the redundant cover (Cindrella cover on Doc Watson album for example). Also I tried camera360 then uninstalled it and got the ultimate camera360, but everytime I open market there is camera360 sitting there saying its "free" where everything else says installed. Which files are holding this information and how do I edit the files to remove this? I realize this is minor but I am kinda OCD about things and its driving me crazy! Also I would like to know how to edit the info for future reference! Can someone please help?

Smitty

Reaction score
While I don't use power amp, maybe I can help. My music program was using photos from my gallery as "album art". In the settings of your music program, look for something like 'use album art' and uncheck or unselect that option. If you have the option to 'download album art' make sure it is checked or selected. Hopefully this might help. If not, we will need the assistance of a Droid user who has same music program you are using. I use Mixzing so I can only tell you it was grabbing random pics from my photo gallery until I unchecked the use album art selection.

OP
Optimus_Primus

Optimus_Primus

Reaction score
Found it

Hey Smitty thanks for replying... I was beginning to feel all alone here! I found the files to delete! In file manager I went to Android>data>com.maxmpz.audioplayer... there were two file in here, album_art and micro, both had album art in it. I deleted the 0.00 kb file called nomedia in both folders then searched through them and found the albums that had the rogue album art. Deleted them then opened my media player (PowerAmp) and voila, no more fraudulent album art! dancedroid So now I just need to figure out how to get that damn camera360 out of my market!

Smitty

Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it straightened out! As far as removing your camera app goes, if it doesn't clear by uninstalling it, I recall a thread somewhere here about removing apps that won't disappear when uninstalled. Maybe someone will pop in with the link or an answer. If I find the thread I'll link you that direction.