cleaning invisible sheilds

shadow man

Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for getting lint and what not out from under the shield? I've reinstalled a couple times as I was under the impression that invisible meant invisible, but in the process have managed to get what ever on the adhesive despite my best efforts and using the spay quite liberally. Will simply washing it work?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The shield has adhesive on the backside, so anything that is trapped under it will stick to the shield, had it on my incredible and got rid of it because it made my screen look horrid, the so called orange peel effect, now I use the seidio clear screen guard and love it, 2 guards for $11 on amazon can not be beat, and the screen looks crystal clear, like having no screen guard on at all, the way the screen was meant to look.

mkthnx001

Reaction score
I remember when mine did this I washed it under a faucet with regular water. I was than out of the spray so added water into the bottle and mixed it with contact solution. After drying it stuck just fine with no debris!

Sadly I'm waiting on a replacement shield for other reasons. :p

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I have a recommendation for you. Don't use an Invisible Shield.

There are far better screen protectors out than the crap that Zagg pawns off on their customers.

OP
S

shadow man

Reaction score
good suggestion (as far as not using one) but I already am, so...I'd like to learn how to fix it, not to just buy another product.

OP
S

shadow man

Reaction score
good suggestion (as far as not using one) but I already am, so...I'd like to learn how to fix it, not to just buy another product.

Read my post above.

Did do. Much appreciated. I was interested to see you suggest contact solution...a lot of other posts I've seen suggested a slightly soapy solution. Saline would make sense, but didn't it leave any residue?

mkthnx001

Reaction score

RodgerRodger

Reaction score
does the screen protector you bought off amazon (not the zagg, but whoever suggested the other one) cover the entire face of the phone, not just the touch screen? That is why I went with the invisible shield (as well as the life time warranty and scratch-proof-ness) because all the other cases i saw only covered the touch part.

I am dissappointed that my invisible shield seems to be picking up tons of dust and lint around the edges...not under the shield, but just around the very edges where some of the adhesive may be exposed. it also doesn't seem to have fully dried (after more than a month or two of being on) because it is still rippling and occasionally making bubbles. I also had a huge ordeal with the case verizon tried to pawn off on me that they insisted would work but continually peeled up my shield (because the case was so tight and sharp around the edges it would get under the shield when snapping around) so now i've had to buy a crap cover from best buy because at least it snaps on top of my shield. but the clamps on the inside make my shield bubble still! what a nightmare!

i'm tired of wasting money on this phone, but if there really is a wonder product for screen protection, please send me a link. I am only interested if it covers the whole face of the phone and is scratch-proof though. Don't see the point in anything that doesn't do one or both of those.