Cleaning droid

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
Another user just posted ( in another thread) about NOT using an air can. He used one and he forced lint from one of the jacks under his touchscreen--and he wasn't the only one!

I am not sure why anyone would try an aircan on a phone, but apparently a lot of people do. Not a good idea!

tanqueray

Reaction score
I use Pledge, works well with repelling finger prints and keeping the screen smooth for a little while.

Just a small amount onto a glasses cloth and buff it on.

cr4sh22

Reaction score
I have an iKlear set for my macbook that works wonders for both the computer and the droid. Since you spray it on a cloth to use you don't have to worry about it dripping into any crevices on the phone.

dadamsx

Reaction score
necro what?

for the small crevasses around the screen I use a business card and have a screen protector so i just clean that with a breath of hot air and my shirt.

ear piece i use a q tip

Moondonkey

Reaction score
I use the monitor wipes that I use on my computer screens for the Droids monthly bath.

For daily use, I just wipe it on my t-shirt or pants, whichever seems softer.

Gulfstream

Reaction score
Luckily, where I work at I have unlimited access to dihydrogen monoxide an industrial solvent. I usually just apply a little of the DHMO to a towel and wipe it down...works great, lasts a long time.

iPirate

Reaction score
screen is fine, what about the ear speaker slot? how do you clean that out?

Guchi

Reaction score
i use a little comet and a scotch brite pad but only when its really bad. no I dont... i just use the shoulder area of my shirt

Gulfstream

Reaction score
Still use the DHMO by just dampening a swab or Q-tip. You have to be careful though...a coworker did this and part of his Droid turned red and Verizon voided the warranty.

brian67t

Reaction score
Just My opinion, but Body Glove is worthless, try Seidio. As for screen protector, I forget the brand name but the ones they sell at best buy are outstanding! I dropped my droid while fooling with it and trying to mow (riding mower) today. I got the tractor turned in time not to run over it with the mower deck (thank god) but the hard plastic roller wheel of the deck went right acros the screen. Screen's fine, protector has 1 tiny scratch. The rest was protected by innocase. How's that for testimonial? Cleaned it off with microfiber cloth (eg Eyeglasses/sunglasses, I actually use my Oakley case 99% of the time). That screen protector even comes with a guarentee, if u can successfully scratch the thing, register for a new one from their web site. When u get it, peel off the old one and send it ack to them. They refund your money for the new one making it cost like 92 cents (postage).

Eric559

Reaction score
Just My opinion, but Body Glove is worthless, try Seidio. As for screen protector, I forget the brand name but the ones they sell at best buy are outstanding! I dropped my droid while fooling with it and trying to mow (riding mower) today. I got the tractor turned in time not to run over it with the mower deck (thank god) but the hard plastic roller wheel of the deck went right acros the screen. Screen's fine, protector has 1 tiny scratch. The rest was protected by innocase. How's that for testimonial? Cleaned it off with microfiber cloth (eg Eyeglasses/sunglasses, I actually use my Oakley case 99% of the time). That screen protector even comes with a guarentee, if u can successfully scratch the thing, register for a new one from their web site. When u get it, peel off the old one and send it ack to them. They refund your money for the new one making it cost like 92 cents (postage).

Your probably thinking bout the Zagg invisibleshield. :)

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
I use a clean microfiber cloth or my shirt. I was also told to buy Zeiss lens cleaning wipes pre moistened 50 pack from wal-mart but i havent used them much. Microfiber cloth or shirt has worked fine for me.