Cleaning droid

shademar

Reaction score
I had a huge scratch from who knows where on the glass screen of my ipod touch. After that, I'm erring on the side of caution, especially as the vzw protector is all but invisible when put on right.

Twoo

Reaction score
I had a huge scratch from who knows where on the glass screen of my ipod touch. After that, I'm erring on the side of caution, especially as the vzw protector is all but invisible when put on right.

You didn't hear this from me, but if you stick a paperclip inside your phone charger port and give it a nice couple jabs the Verizon store will replace your Droid on the spot, no questions asked on how it happened.

Motorola has an extensive history of failing charger ports, Droid will probably be no different.

If by some amazing occurrence I scratch the glass I'll be getting a paperclip out of my desk drawer.

J-Buck

Reaction score

You didn't hear this from me, but if you stick a paperclip inside your phone charger port and give it a nice couple jabs the Verizon store will replace your Droid on the spot, no questions asked on how it happened.

Motorola has an extensive history of failing charger ports, Droid will probably be no different.

If by some amazing occurrence I scratch the glass I'll be getting a paperclip out of my desk drawer.

lol ive done that before. and one time i stuck this metal thing in their to make my phone's speakers stop working and i took it in to replace it, but the guy was smart and just plugged a head set in it an took it out and it was working.

jk12

Reaction score
Keep it simple:
microfiber cloth and water (if necessary)

Legacy23

Reaction score
I always just use my shirt and it always takes off the smudges. Never had a problem, but I always check my shirt to make sure its clean where I swipe the phone. I also just cleaned my physical keyboard with a damp q-tip with just a drop of water or two. To clean the earpiece or little cracks I always use the can of compressed air used for cleaning and blowing out computer parts. Works great!

Still waiting for my firmware update! Don't have enough balls to do it manually.

i did it myself and i'm a super noob when it comes to android...very very easy

coondogg97

Reaction score
I always have hand sanitizer around me, so I usually drip some of that on a paper towel and wipe down my screen. Works great!

Of course I am using a screen protector, but I am seriously debating taking it off.

Wolfwise

Reaction score
Won't using alcohol damage the oleophobic coating on the screen?

Takami826

Reaction score
I bought a 3M cleaning cloth at walmart for $3... for glasses and electronics so I can kill two birds with one stone since I am old school enough to still have glasses.

JessiesGirl

Reaction score
So far I have just stuck with a clean cotton cloth or a microfiber cloth. I'm pretty sure the manual says to use only a soft cloth.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I use Butoxyethanol....

Tojus

Reaction score
I curious to how the rain-x would work on the screen >_>