Cleaning droid

metsnfins

Reaction score
What do you guys use to clean your droid? Windex is fine i assume since it's glass? The smudges are really bothering me

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
What do you guys use to clean your droid? Windex is fine i assume since it's glass? The smudges are really bothering me

The tail-end of my shirt works just fine--really. :) My wife smuges it up on purpose to try and get-my-goat, but she doesn't know it has a glass screen and is no big deal to get clean. LOL

- Mega

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i wear eye glasses and keep one of those really soft eyeglass cleaners in my car all the time so i use that.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a protector on mine, so i just use my shirt to clean the plastic protector.

shademar

Reaction score
Isopropyl alcohol wipes (they just happen to be around =p) and the little shammy that came with the vwz screen protector. I avoid getting liquid near the edge of the screen and only clean with the power off. Just managed to put on a screen protector that had been off and gathering cat hair and dust for a week flawlessly and bubble-free using this technique on the droid's side and scotch tape on the screen protector.

DroidFan

Reaction score
i wear eye glasses and keep one of those really soft eyeglass cleaners in my car all the time so i use that.

I use the same... I keep a cloth used for cleaning eyeglasses nearby at all times so when the smudges really get on my nerves, I can wipe them away.

Takami826

Reaction score
I have glasses and the little cloth thing that came with the squirty bottle of solution... I also have those little lens cleaning versions of wetnaps, so AFTER I do my glasses (who cares if those get wet) I use the rest of it to clean off the screen.. or my sleeve... or my jeans...

I'm STILL waiting for my local Verizon to get the body glove case and I guess I'll forgo a screen protector since those seem to be hit or miss on actual functionality

zegolf

Reaction score
I wouldn't use any liquid other than alcohol. Alcohol will evaporate quickly, but something like Windex might leak down into the gaps in the phone and ruin the internal components!

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Some people have reported that using a little Rain-X keeps it from getting too many finger prints. Am using a screen protector so I can't try it.

vonfink13

Reaction score
i have a screen protector that wipes off easily with my shirt or pants..and then i use a can of compressed air to blast all the dust off every few days...

raven1911

Reaction score
I always just use my shirt and it always takes off the smudges. Never had a problem, but I always check my shirt to make sure its clean where I swipe the phone. I also just cleaned my physical keyboard with a damp q-tip with just a drop of water or two. To clean the earpiece or little cracks I always use the can of compressed air used for cleaning and blowing out computer parts. Works great!

Still waiting for my firmware update! Don't have enough balls to do it manually.

Twoo

Reaction score
Screen protector here....I use my breath and then my shirt:)

No screen protector and I breath and rub it on my pants =p

I went 2 years without a screen protector on my iphone and never had a scratch, but I also don't keep ANYTHING in the pocket I have my phone in. The screen is glass, yes- it can scratch, but it takes a lot of effort to do it.

Screen protectors never made sense to me on glass touch screens. But that's my opinion