Clean 2.2 install

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jcsurf2010, Aug 20, 2010.

1. jcsurf2010

jcsurf2010 New Member

I have a stock unrooted droid and did a manual update from 2.1 to 2.2. Ever since I'm getting freeze ups and sometimes it won't unlock when i get a phone call. Is there a way to totally wipe it clean and reinstall 2.2? I have the full 77 mb 2.2 that I downloaded. Any help would be appreciated, you guys are truly awesome minds. Thanks.
  2. Fresh330

Fresh330 New Member

Last night a did a hard reset of my stock 2.1 Droid. It's wasn't running the way it use to and I wanted a clean slate for when the 2.2 update came rolling out. After the data was wiped and I reactivated my phone, within a few minutes I received a pop up that an update for 2.2 was available.

I can't guarantee that when you do a hard reset they'll send you a notification for 2.2 but it worked for me. Here are instructions on how to do a hard reset. How to Hard Reset a Motorola Droid | eHow.com
  3. jcsurf2010

jcsurf2010 New Member

Thanks Fresh, but I tried that before and had to reactivate my phone. Still doing the same thing. I hate calling verizon tech, sometimes it seems that they don't know ant more than we do. I'll keep tryin'.
  4. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR New Member

Proceed with caution ; doing that bricked my phone. Of course that doesn't mean it will happen to you -- apparently some people are getting bricked from the OTA, and I didn't on my warranty replacement Droid ;most don't. I'd guess it's a fluke on some phones.
    I'd recommend doing a full backup first (pretty sure this involves rooting, but you can unroot afterwards).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. gavron

gavron Guest

First, your phone didn't get bricked. You could have used SPRecovery to restore a backup, or used adb to format the filesystems, and installed the new 2.2.

Second, you should go check out chevyno1's thread on SimplyStunning 4.7.

Yesterday we took a friend's 2.1 droid to SS4.7 using the following method:
    1. Download chevy's bkapps. Run bkapps -c.
    2. Download SS4.7 and place as update.zip
    3. format all three filesystems
    4. Install update.zip
    5. Use chevy's tools to restore the apps

That's it. Settings restored, desktop restored, applications restored, SMS, MMS restored, email restored.

Read his thread. It has the answers to anything I said in here that brought up questions.

Ehud
  6. PhoenixGTR

PhoenixGTR New Member

I realized afterwards that I should have rooted first, which is why I put that advice in my post.
    At the time I was so rattled by the update going wrong I was sure I'd make a pig's breakfast of rooting. Didn't know at the time others were getting bootlooped from updating so I was sure it was me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

android 2.2 clean install

android 2.2clean up

clean android install

clean install android vers 2.2
clean old install in android
how can i install a clean android v 2.1
how clean install in android
how to reinstall 2.2 on mome
reinstall android 2.0.1 on droid x 2
reinstall android on droid 2