Class 6 MicroSDHD Card 16g

808Architect

Reaction score
Has anyone switched out their stock SD card (class 2) for an aftermarket SD card (class 6)? If you have, has there been an improvement in Video Quality when writing to it? I am running BB 7.4 with the enhanced HQ video settings.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a class 6... doesn't make to much difference. The main performance lags are the file size (or lack of) and the fact that the default encoding (h264) is just to hard for the processor to compile effectively.

You should still modify the build.prop file. The BB mod/file doesn't switch the video to m4v or up the file size enough. Here are the settings I used:
Higher Quality Video Recording | Root Your Droid

The most noticeable difference between the class 2 and 6 (for our purposes) is in transferring large amounts of data (eg. I have 14G of music on it). IF we ever get the ability to run apps from the SD card then this will be a bigger issue.

Last edited:
OP
808Architect

808Architect

Reaction score
@Nate,
Are you having any "choppiness" or "pixalation" issues when recording at the higher settings?

OP
808Architect

808Architect

Reaction score
I have a class 6... doesn't make to much difference. The main performance lags are the file size (or lack of) and the fact that the default encoding (h264) is just to hard for the processor to compile effectively.

You should still modify the build.prop file. The BB mod/file doesn't switch the video to m4v or up the file size enough. Here are the settings I used:
Higher Quality Video Recording | Root Your Droid

The most noticeable difference between the class 2 and 6 (for our purposes) is in transferring large amounts of data (eg. I have 14G of music on it). IF we ever get the ability to run apps from the SD card then this will be a bigger issue.

Yep, I did the Big Lou guide last week and my vids weren't as good as i expected. I compared similar video shots with my souped up droid and my wifes, which is still stock 2.0.1, and her's looked better..:mad:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, I did the Big Lou guide last week and my vids weren't as good as i expected. I compared similar video shots with my souped up droid and my wifes, which is still stock 2.0.1, and her's looked better..:mad:

Hrm... something must not have taken correctly. Mine look great and are much better than stock (but they are much larger too).