ckWorks/Rom Manager

movadoevo8

Reaction score
Hey guys for some reason my ROM MANAGER does not work anymore.

Before I installed Froyo 2.2 it always worked fine. I used to be able to just choose the install zip from sd card option then my phone would reboot and automaticall start the installation no problem.

Now it does the same thing, but once it starts to install within 5 seconds of installing it stops right away and brings me back to the main recovery screen where I can choose reboot device etc. I don't get any errors why it's stopping. I know the installation used to take longer and when i reboot it gets stuck at the motorola logo screen.

So I just went back to the recovery screen when you hold down x and power and just went to restore and choose my back up i currently made with before attempting to install this new froyo leak.

Maybe i'm confusing and doing it all wrong again. Am i suppose to unzip it and put the folder in the Clockworks/backup folder? I'm currently just leaving the .zip file on the root of my SD card and using the install zip from SD card option in ROM manager/clockworks.

Thanks for your help.

OP
movadoevo8

movadoevo8

Reaction score
After installing Froyo and then Rom Manager, you have to reflash clockwork recovery from within Rom Manager.

I did that, infact it notified me to do that in order to used all the gryed out options. Also I tried downloading the bb1.1 to go back to that rom it downloads it fine then after the download I choose the wipe cache and let it do its thing.

So here is what happens, the phone reboots by itself like its supposed to then starts to install the rom I downloaded (bb1.1) then within 5 secs of installing just stops like I meantioned in the post above. Very weird.

Then when I reboot the device gets stuck at the motorola logo screen, bc it did not do a complete install. Weird. Maybe I will try to uninstall rom manager and re install it when I get back home later tonight.

-Sent from my Froyo 2.2 Motorola Droid using Tapatalk-