Cisco VPN working with Sholes 2.0.5 (kinda)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by REARless, Feb 18, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. REARless

REARless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I got the last piece of my Droid puzzle to fall in to place - sort of.

I kinda got my Droid able to VPN to my office. We have two Cisco devices, an old 3000 series concentrator that refuses to die that we still use for most of our users, and an ASA that is limited to the IT department.

I had tried this before on earlier Sholes ROM's and it did not work for me. I decided to fiddle with it again last night after some research and it suddenly works. Kinda.

I am using VPN Connections from the market. I did not have to change any of the OpenVPN settings that is on the default 2.0.5 ROM. I disabled WiFi and did this all through 3G. I put in our Group Name where it prompt for IPSec ID and the Group password where it prompts for IPSEC Secret. Then filled out my username and password fields. Then I tried to connect. (Tip - you have to LONG PRESS the VPN Network connection you just made, then hit connect.)

It did not seem to do anything, It said "failed to connect" under the VPN Network name. I thought I would try to ping my intranet server anyway and it pinged! I was able to browse to internal web servers and SSH to my servers with ConnectBot. So I long-pressed again and it disconnected. The weird thing is that it changes from "failed to connect" to "Dec 31, 1969 07:00". (17 hours before the UNIX epoch???) Well, I was disconnected from my VPN, but I could not connect to anything on the web. I did a reboot and my networking came back. I have since discovered that if I go into "airplane mode" and back our again, I get the 3G network back without reboot.

So there it is. Kludgey, but it works.
  2. ksibly

ksibly New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I understand you correctly you are using a rooted ROM. Im using the current 2.1 from VZ. does that make the diference?
  3. REARless

REARless Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It has been awhile, I got an aircard for my laptop since I did this, but yes you do have to be rooted.
Search tags for this page

android vpn cisco vpn 3000

cisco 3000 series vpn client for android