Cisco VPN Client

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Just to see what they would say, I opened a TAC with Cisco Support asking if they have or were planning to develop a VPN client for Android. Here's their reply. It sounds like one is in the works, but unfortunately we have no idea on when it'll be available.

[FONT=&quot]Hello Rich[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I was doing some research and I found that Cisco don't have any VPN Client for Android OS, they will develop one but I don't know when it will be ready, I found that some people was able to get it connected but no-one passed traffic successfully, so well right now the only option that we have is the L2TP native VPN Client but not sure if works well with the Android OS. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can help you with.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks and regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Christian Alpizar[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]VPN Team[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cisco TAC Support Engineer[/FONT]

smokin5s

Reaction score
I found this app and downloaded it on my phone but I can't figure out how to get it to connect... any word on any other Cisco VPN app for Android?

OP
RichStevenson

RichStevenson

Reaction score
Anyconnect from Cisco is coming from what i've heard, but it'll require purchasing a license for the back end router to work. If you're the admin to the router or if you can talk to who is, they could setup a L2TP/IPSEC VPN that uses a pre-shared key. you could then use the VPN setup that comes standard on the Android OS. I'm using it that way now and don't need to be rooted to do so.