1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

ChronoLog - Automatically track time and mileage using GPS

Discussion in 'App Announcements' started by eliwellis, May 5, 2010.

1. eliwellis

eliwellis New Member

Hey everyone,

We just launched an app we have been working on called ChronoLog. It is a time and mileage tracking app which works on the concept that you create zones where you want to track time. When you enter a zone it automatically logs you in , when you leave it logs you out. Transit times are logged when you travel between zones. The mileage driven between the zones is also calculated. Logs can be emailed and opened in any spreadsheet program.

I could go on in further detail but it is all described at our website : http://www.chrono-log.com

Let us know what you think !

[​IMG]
  2. crspang

crspang New Member

Cool idea! I just bought it because I think it'll be great to help me keep track of mileage and time. Thanks
  3. eliwellis

eliwellis New Member

Thanks ! Let us know how you like it after you have used it for a while or if you have any questions. There is lots of info on the website to help you tailor it to your needs.

Thanks.

-Eli
    Last edited: May 9, 2010
  4. mikeeee

mikeeee New Member

This looks really great. Is the mileage calculated as the crow flies between the two zones? If so that wouldn't be very accurate in terms using the mileage reports to submit to the IRS.

Thanks for any info.
  5. eliwellis

eliwellis New Member

@mikeeee
    The mileage is determine by Google. Google is given the location of the two zones and a driving distance is determined between them. This is more accurate than to determine mileage in a direct, "as the crow flies" manner. It doesn't track the exact route that you drove. It calculates the most likely route. (according to Google)

You can add a note to any log item so if you need to you can add a note to make any clarifications or adjustments.
  6. ledfun

ledfun New Member

It sounds very useful as far as it goes.

Quite often, I want to track time and mileage from home to another place I've gone. Your app would be useful in that sense if it also gave the user the option of tapping a "Up to now from last place" choice. Then they could name it and save it as a "waypoint".

Say someone leaves home and goes to a place they haven't been before, like a restaurant. Your app could be turned on as they leave home and when they arrive at the new restaurant, they could tap "Up to now from last place" and it would tell them the time and mileage from home to their new place to eat. Then it could prompt for a name and save.

Also, how tight can the radius be? That should be something that could be set on this idea also. Maybe a prompt for it like "What radius would you like this waypoint to be set at?"

Just an idea....I'd buy it if it did that and I'd use it all the time.
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  7. eliwellis

eliwellis New Member

Update 1.1.1

We just released an update for ChronoLog. This version adds the ability to manually start and stop the logging. This manual functionality works on top of the underlying automatic nature of the app.

More about this on our website www.chrono-log.com

There are a couple of other minor features added that were requested by our users. Most notably the option to track kilometers instead of miles.

-Eli
Search tags for this page

android time and mileage tracking

as the crow flies droid app

bluetooth activated mileage tracker app

droid app time clock vehilce mileage

verizon gps mileage log