Chrome

bohemouth

Reaction score
I thought the same thing, but once I learned how to use it, I love it...I love the folders, it's just like the chrome on my PC, i can sort through all the folders and discard them as i want. I don't know how to get to the regular browser.

KaChow

Reaction score
Can I get rid of Chrome and just have a regular web browser.??? I'm not sure I like chrome or I just don't know how to use it.

Well, problem is Google Chrome is a Systems App. Which in other words it cannot be removed/frozen unless Rooted, which uninstalling System Apps unless they have been claimed as safe to remove can cause problems, with interactions of other applications.

For me Google Chrome has gotten much better, than where it began. I use Google Chrome Dev (on my pc), eventhough it is considered beta, works much better than regular chrome. I would suggest if you use chrome on your computer, try out Chrome to Phone and download the apk/app from the Google playstore for your device. Chrome to phone allows you to send weblinks from your pc (through Google Chrome), directly to your phone (received by the mobile Chrome), it's very handy. As another great alternative is Chrome, try out Opera, I also like FireFox, just to name a few.

niXerKG

Reaction score
Motorola is Google, Google makes Chrome, Chrome is the official browser.

I don't like it, but that's because I mostly use FireFox on my desktop so I installed that and I'm fine.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
It is safe to remove if you are rooted. Yes it is a system app but it won't mess anything up. Just be aware if you remove/freeze system apps you will have to restore them before taking the JB OTA due out this week. Dolphin browser is still the way to go IMO.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

2001400ex

Reaction score
Just a thread I was looking for. I mentioned this in another thread but it wasn't the focus. I am constantly on chrome when on my phone and it destroys my battery, to where I am getting worse battery life on my maxx hd than my tbolt with 2750 battery. I turned everything off in chrome like location and synch and it didn't work. My battery also gets ridiculous hot using chrome.

What browser is the most efficient yet works well with multiple windows?

KaChow

Reaction score
The "Battle of the Browsers" has begun. For me I still use Chrome, it does need much improvement, but it is getting more reliable for what I use it for. Firefox is a great browser, and I like the solid syncing between PC/Droid. A popular browser that I hear a lot about is Opera-mini and don't forget Dolphin, which these two are the top of what is out there.

Natey2

Reaction score
The "Battle of the Browsers" has begun. For me I still use Chrome, it does need much improvement, but it is getting more reliable for what I use it for. Firefox is a great browser, and I like the solid syncing between PC/Droid. A popular browser that I hear a lot about is Opera-mini and don't forget Dolphin, which these two are the top of what is out there.

On my Nexus 7:
Chrome v18 - 45MB
Firefox v15 - 20MB
Dolphin v8 - 8MB

If you are on a PC, launch a couple of different browsers, and from Chrome, do chrome://memory-redirect/

It lists memory used by the various browsers. In my case, MS IE v8.0 had the smallest memory footprint.

KaChow

Reaction score
On my Nexus 7:
Chrome v18 - 45MB
Firefox v15 - 20MB
Dolphin v8 - 8MB

If you are on a PC, launch a couple of different browsers, and from Chrome, do chrome://memory-redirect/
It lists memory used by the various browsers. In my case, MS IE v8.0 had the smallest memory footprint.

Just a note, in the Chrome browser cut and paste > chrome://memory-redirect/ <. Nice find by the way Natey2:hail: