Chrome is S L O W

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, if it is that slow after just a week since clearing the cache you probably need to try setting chrome up over again

I recently went back to my Bionic and I'm using Chrome...

When I first setup Chrome I told it NO for signing in with my google account and I told it NO on all other options to include chrome to phone as well as I disabled google+...

I have no issues with chrome other than it not feeling as fluid as chrome browser for my PC...

My general rule is this: The more freedom you give to an app, such as linking with other apps, linking with web sites, sending anonymous data, collecting location data it doesn't really need or linking with your 'other' accounts generally ends up in something or some function of an app not working properly, slowing down functionality on your device etc etc, let apps have what they need based on what you want them to do and NOTHING MORE.

So try resetting chrome from the beginning, tell it no to everything you can at setup and if you dont use google+ then disable google+ and come back in a week and say thanks or tell me I'm way off ;)

That also helps it not show up as a big battery user in Gsam battery monitor

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Do you have multiple tabs going at once? If so the background ones open first, then the to layer one eventually loads and renders. The more tabs, the slower it loads.Try Chrome settings, bandwidth management, pre load web pages, choose never.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
i clear multiple tabs often

OP
FunN4Lo

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
Honestly, if it is that slow after just a week since clearing the cache you probably need to try setting chrome up over again

I recently went back to my Bionic and I'm using Chrome...

When I first setup Chrome I told it NO for signing in with my google account and I told it NO on all other options to include chrome to phone as well as I disabled google+...

I have no issues with chrome other than it not feeling as fluid as chrome browser for my PC...

My general rule is this: The more freedom you give to an app, such as linking with other apps, linking with web sites, sending anonymous data, collecting location data it doesn't really need or linking with your 'other' accounts generally ends up in something or some function of an app not working properly, slowing down functionality on your device etc etc, let apps have what they need based on what you want them to do and NOTHING MORE.

So try resetting chrome from the beginning, tell it no to everything you can at setup and if you dont use google+ then disable google+ and come back in a week and say thanks or tell me I'm way off ;)

The connection is what makes Chrome great. If I did all that I might as well use Dolphin