Chrome for Android protects you from dangerous websites

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
chrome-logo.png

Chrome has been protecting you from malware and sketchy websites for sometime. Now Chrome is protecting your Smartphone as well.

"Google Safe Browsing has been protecting well over a billion desktop users against malware, unwanted software, and social engineering sites on the web for years. Today, we’re pleased to announce that we’ve extended our protective umbrella to hundreds of millions of Chrome users on Android".

You most likely have it but if you don't...

How To Get It
If you’re an Android user, you probably already have it! This new Safe Browsing client on Android is part of Google Play Services, starting with version 8.1. The first app to use it is Chrome, starting with version 46—we’re now protecting all Android Chrome users by default. If you look at Chrome’s Settings > Privacy menu, you can verify that Safe Browsing is enabled and that you’re protected. Chrome warns you about dangerous sites as shown below. It does this while preserving your privacy, just like on desktop.

Source Google Blog

Attachments

• upload_2015-12-8_8-25-46.png
    upload_2015-12-8_8-25-46.png
    592.5 KB · Views: 292
Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Could you not find a bigger Chrome logo for this thread @Jeffrey? Haha!

This is good news though. Glad to see them being proactive with protecting users.
LOL.. didn't realise that it would post so big but I liked it so I left it....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
OMG! It gets even bigger when you click it! The lines are so clean. I'd like to know what they used to create this beast-image.

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
OMG! It gets even bigger when you click it! The lines are so clean. I'd like to know what they used to create this beast-image.
Don't know.. I did a G search for the image and it came up first..

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL

Hahaha, I had to see it for myself and you are so right. <3 when companies use vector logos. The lines, they be so clear!

OP
Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Boo. I liked the largest chrome logo I've ever seen. And like @Jonny Kansas said, the lines were perfect. Zero pixelation at all.

Yeah. The new one isn't near as impressive @Jeffrey. And my screen's only 20".

Hahaha, I had to see it for myself and you are so right. <3 when companies use vector logos. The lines, they be so clear!
We size it down so it doesn't impact the speed of the site...

tommyz

Reaction score
I really wish Chrome on Android supported plug-ins. For example, the only reason I still use Dolphin is because it supports the LastPass plug-in. I really want to switch. Dolphin seems to have gotten slow in the last couple of updates.