Christmas Droids

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Just wondering how all you lucky ones that got a droid for Christmas like your phone? Is it everything you though it was or were you disappointed?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Mine was a holiday gift to myself and it came a few days early ;)

I've had it for exactly one week now and I couldnt be happier!!!
It's everything I'd hoped for and a bit more... not to mention that with the updates that are coming it can only get better!!

tktouch12

Reaction score
I was dissapointed wen it was an eris, but I actually love it. However, after a long debate, I took it bck for the moto droid

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
hahah poor eris. Did you fake a smile and say thanks with slight disappointment in your voice?

dtboos

Reaction score
The Eris is an under rated phone. Not to say he didn't prefer the Droid, which is fine, I just don't know why it gets a bad rep as its actually very slick and easy to use. Feels good in the hand too.

Limadawg

Reaction score
I found out Christmas Eve some lady down the road was selling her Droid for $350. Only had it a little over a month. I checked it out and it was in excellent condition.

So my girl says she's gonna spend $200 on me. I talk her into giving me the $200, I add my own $150 to it and go pick up the Droid. I've had many phones but this one takes the cake. Best phone hands down I've ever owned. I've had flips, sliders, windows mobile, blackberries but nothing comes close to my Droid.

So yeah, I'm very happy with my Droid. :icon_ banana:

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Eris is an under rated phone. Not to say he didn't prefer the Droid, which is fine, I just don't know why it gets a bad rep as its actually very slick and easy to use. Feels good in the hand too.

Poor battery life, half the memory for apps, and some people just don't like senseUI or the design. It's pretty much as simple as that. I'm not saying it's terrible, just not the phone for me.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
ya not dissing the eris, but asking for the droid for christmas and getting the eris would be disappointing.

Statman

Reaction score
Bought one for my daughter...she is quite capable on a smart phone and it was quite an upgrade for her...she loves it. Bought a second one for my wife...spent 2 hours trying to setup email on comcast...no luck. She has trouble even answering it and she has called at least 5 people that she wasn't trying to...I suppose she is hitting some button on the screen...she also hates no speed dial (I know there is direct dial and offered to set this up, but she says no)....So 1 for 2....LOL

UCEizWiLD

Reaction score
well i got my bonus check for Christmas after working there for two months and with the bonus they gave me lets just say i bought a lot of presents and was able to get my droid. im very thankful for this.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i bought one for my girlfriend for christmas....

i almost felt bad that she let me use her upgrade to get mine and then she wanted once so bad so i was able to get an early upgrade on mine to get her a droid.

she was quite pleased to say the least.

she was happy to put her Blackberry tour in its box never to come back out........ EVER

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i bought one for my girlfriend for christmas....

i almost felt bad that she let me use her upgrade to get mine and then she wanted once so bad so i was able to get an early upgrade on mine to get her a droid.

she was quite pleased to say the least.

I'm willing to bet you were the hero that day :)

dodgemaniac

Reaction score
i got a droid for christmas and couldn't be happier with it. my gf also got one fore christmas and my best friend just ordered one off of my recommendation lol