1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Choppy Apps on vortex

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by silentspeedz, May 26, 2011.

1. silentspeedz

silentspeedz New Member

I just got a LG vortex a week ago and I am in love with it. Im new to the android os. I know LG vortex is a low end android phone so I don't really expect much from it but whenever I launch an app it runs great (some runs okay depending on the app itself) but when I touch the screen to actually use the app (such as doodlejump, runs great but whenever I tap the screen to launch a missile it gets very choppy for about a second). I searched google and everyone's response is "get a real android phone" I know part of this is because the vortex is very low end but I was wondering if there is any way to solve this problem, thanks!
  2. sccracing

sccracing New Member

The main problem you're having is due to the fact that "doodlejump" is not specifically just designed for the Vortex. It's a one size fits all game for all Android based platforms. There are plenty of other games which the Vortex can run smoothly. One of my phone's a Vortex and I can attest to it.

One thing you can do is download a root manager type of app and freeze all processes which you don't need. This will take a bit of tooling around to figure out exactly what you can freeze, but well worth your time. A good free app which will freeze apps is called AntTek App Manager root. Root your phone with GingerBreak and download BusyBox Installer and you're set. You can find these on here and many other sites.

GingerBreak first, then BusyBox, then AntTek.
  3. silentspeedz

silentspeedz New Member

Thanks for your quick reply! I did as you said And got anttek but what does it mean to 'freeze' an app?
Search tags for this page

how do you get apps on droid vortex

verizon lg vortex phone is very slow