Choosing a Droid for my wife

scf

Reaction score
So, I'm running a DX, rooted/TBH TQ 3.5/2.3.320. Not completely new to droids, but I'm learning as I go.

Wifey wants a droid, specifically for the google calendar to keep pace with her teaching schedule (school/seminars/meetings/etc). We went to a VZW store the other day, and she was pretty much overwhelmed with choices. She's always had just a flip phone, current is a Motorola Moto W755.

She seems to like the Ally, Droid 2, Fascinate and Incredible. The Droid Pro buttons seems to be a bit small.

Looking for feedback on those if you could, would be greatly appreciated.
dancedroid

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's really a matter of finding what suits her rather than polling for the opinions of others. The latter doesn't matter unless you happen to get replies from people with identical needs/wants to your wife's. There's really nothing in your OP to help narrow it down as just about any device would fit that bill. If her preferences after checking out the devices only narrows it down to the models listed then see what other criteria you can use to further narrow the selection for her.

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
Yup, exactly what I'm doing. Just didn't know if maybe there were some teachers/etc amongst us with some input. Thanks!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
My wife picked the Dinc and she wouldn't trade it for the World

Lenagainster

Reaction score
Seems like a deciding factor would be the keyboard. Does she want a real keyboard? Then Droid 2. Is she happy with a virtual keyboard? Let her try your DX out, then perhaps the DInc. Why isn't the DX on her list?

OP
scf

scf

Reaction score
That there is a damn good question. :) Said she could have my phone for a few days, until my shakes/sweats started, then she'd have to give it back.

Yeah, personally I'm thinking it's going to come down to a D2, DInc or DX.