Chompsms vs regular built in sms

RJL24

Reaction score
Why is Chomp sms considered "better" than the regular built in sms/messaging app? Or is it not worth the hassle?

My Touch 4G, Tmobile.

Last edited:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Better is subjective. I think Handcent beats them all...

And what hassle?

OP
R

RJL24

Reaction score
Full larger messages do not show, scrolling is difficult, and on a few occasions the message went to wrong recipient.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Try Handcent then....been using it since it cam out and never an issue with it.

OP
R

RJL24

Reaction score
Thank you for your suggestion. Is there a way to reduce the size of the footprint of Handcent?, it takes up, a large amount of space on the screen, about four regular widgets' size. I attempted to reduce the size but could not determine how.

wallratt

Reaction score
Yes. You can resize any widget using launcher pro plus as your home launcher. You can also change the number of rows and columns on your home screen to give you more space.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why is Chomp sms considered "better" than the regular built in sms/messaging app? Or is it not worth the hassle?
Better and worth are highly subjective words. If there was a universal answer to your question either we'd all be using Chomp or none of us would.

Try reading threads on Chomp to see if it sounds like it would suit you. Better yet, take it and other options for a spin.