ChompSMS Slowing Phone?

old no. 7

Reaction score
Anyone use ChompSMS? Does it slow your phone significantly? Does donating help this?

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
It got a little quicker... but still takes a while when openning for the ad to load and the scrolling to get smooth. If I pay $3, will this lag go away?

Viper323

Reaction score
Hmm idk about Chomp, but I would suggest trying out Handcent, I've never had any issues with it!

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
I've been using Handcent since I got the Droid. It's gotten a little old. Not bad or anything. Just checkin out the other options. After having a few close calls with the call button on the popup (no pun), I'm not sure about it. I love the function that only pops up if u unlock the phone and u need a code to get into the app... if Handcent would add that, I don't think I'd have anything to complain about.

missrachel

Reaction score
I have been using ChompSMS for months, and I do not believe it slows my Motorola Droid down at all...

sometimes it gets a bit laggy when I have not deleted all my text messages in a while. Periodically I think we should do this, it helps the messaging app (whether it's Android's native, Chomp, Handcent, etc.) run more quickly and smoothly! :)

OP
O

old no. 7

Reaction score
Ehhh I deleted it earlier. lol

Back to Handcent.